Intel Atom S1240 - DH80S1240
Intel Atom S1240 specifications
|Type||CPU / Microprocessor|
|Model number ? ||S1240|
|CPU part number||DH80S1240 is an OEM/tray microprocessor|
|Frequency ? ||1600 MHz|
|Package||1283-ball micro FC-BGA (FCBGA11)|
|Size||1.34" x 1.1" / 3.4cm x 2.8cm|
|Introduction date||December 11, 2012|
|Price at introduction||$64|
|Architecture / Microarchitecture|
|Processor core ? ||Centerton|
|Core steppings ? ||B0 (SLJZ3)|
|Manufacturing process||0.032 micron|
|Data width||64 bit|
|The number of cores||2|
|The number of threads||4|
|Floating Point Unit||Integrated|
|Level 1 cache size ? ||2 x 32 KB 4-way associative instruction caches|
2 x 24 KB 6-way associative data caches
|Level 2 cache size ? ||2 x 512 KB 8-way associative caches|
|Physical memory||8 GB|
- MMX instructions
- SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
- SSE2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 2
- SSE3 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSSE3 / Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- EM64T / Extended Memory 64 technology / Intel 64 ?
- NX / XD / Execute disable bit ?
- HT / Hyper-Threading technology ?
- VT-x / Virtualization technology ?
|Low power features|
- Core C1/C1E, C2/C2E, C4/C4E and C6 states
- System S3, S4 and S5 states
- Enhanced SpeedStep technology ?
- Single-channel DDR3 memory controller
- PCI Express 2.1 interface
- UART controller
- SMBus 2.0 controller
- SPI controller
|Electrical / Thermal parameters|
|V core ? ||1.05V ± 5%|
|V I/O or secondary||1.5V|
|V tertiary||1.8V ± 5%|
|Minimum/Maximum operating temperature ? ||3°C - 102°C|
|Thermal Design Power ? ||6.1 Watt|
|Notes on Intel DH80S1240|
- Memory controller supports DDR3-1066 and DDR3-1333 memory
- ECC memory is supported
CPUs, related to Intel Atom S1240
|Intel Atom family, BGA1283|
| Atom S1269||2 / 4||1.6 GHz||1 MB||11.7 Watt||NX, ESS||$80|
| Atom S1279||2 / 4||1.6 GHz||1 MB||13.1 Watt||NX, ESS||$103|
| Atom S1220||2 / 4||1.6 GHz||1 MB||8.1 Watt||NX, ESS||$54|
| Atom S1240||2 / 4||1.6 GHz||1 MB||6.1 Watt||NX, ESS||$64|
| Atom S1289||2 / 4||2 GHz||1 MB||14 Watt||NX, ESS||$120|
| Atom S1260||2 / 4||2 GHz||1 MB||8.5 Watt||NX, ESS||$64|
• Highlighted numbers and features indicate whether specific processor performs better or worse than Atom S1240
• Within each category, the CPUs are sorted from slower (at the top) to faster (at the bottom)
• The 'Price' column shows official Intel prices as of Apr 21, 2013. Prices for obsolete and tray-only processors are not provided.
• Features abbreviations:
NX - Virus Protection / Execute Disable bit
ESS - PowerNow! / Enhanced SpeedStep
Q: Can I upgrade my Intel Atom S1240 CPU?
A: No. BGA microprocessors, like this one, are soldered on a board, as such, upgrading or replacing them is very very difficult.
Intel S1240 Overclocking
Sorry, we do not have overclocking data for the microprocessor at this time.
Intel introduces Atom processors for microservers
Dec 11, 2012
: Intel today launched Atom S1200 series family, aimed at
microservers, networking systems and storage devices. The S1200 series
processors are implemented as a System on a Chip (SoC), integrating
together two CPU cores, memory controller, and a number of
communication interfaces. The new products come with such
server-oriented technologies as Intel 64 and Virtualization, as well
as ECC memory support.
Specifications of "Centerton" Atom processors
Sep 19, 2012
: Later this year Intel is going to introduce Bordenville
platform, aimed at microserver market. The main component of this
platform will be 32nm Atom microprocessor, codenamed "Centerton".
New processors will run at frequencies up to 2 GHz, and feature less
than 10W of Thermal Design Power. Ultra low power consumption and
small form factor of new Atoms and support chips will allow Intel
to achieve higher server densities than with low voltage and ultra
low voltage Xeon parts.
You're welcome to post suggestions, corrections, your own personal
Intel Atom S1240 review, or your experience with the microprocessor.
Please do not ask upgrade and troubleshooting questions, and do not start