AMD A8-4555M specifications
|Type||CPU / Microprocessor|
|Family||AMD A8-Series for Notebooks|
|Model number ? ||A8-4555M|
|CPU part number||AM4555SHE44HJ is an OEM/tray microprocessor|
|Frequency ? ||1600 MHz|
|Turbo frequency||2400 MHz|
|Size||1.22" x 1.06" / 3.1cm x 2.7cm|
|Introduction date||September 2012|
|Architecture / Microarchitecture|
|Processor core ? ||Trinity|
|Core stepping ? ||TN-A1|
|Manufacturing process||0.032 micron|
1303 million transistors
|Data width||64 bit|
|The number of cores||4|
|The number of threads||4|
|Floating Point Unit||Integrated|
|Level 1 cache size ? ||2 x 64 KB 2-way associative shared instruction caches|
4 x 16 KB 4-way associative data caches
|Level 2 cache size ? ||2 x 2 MB 16-way associative shared caches|
|Level 3 cache size||None|
- MMX instructions
- SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
- SSE2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 2
- SSE3 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSSE3 / Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSE4 / SSE4.1 + SSE4.2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 4 ?
- SSE4a ?
- AES / Advanced Encryption Standard instructions
- ABM / Advanced Bit Manipulation ?
- AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions
- BMI1 / Bit Manipulation instructions 1
- F16C / 16-bit Floating-Point conversion instructions
- FMA3 / 3-operand Fused Multiply-Add instructions
- FMA4 / 4-operand Fused Multiply-Add instructions
- TBM / Trailing Bit Manipulation instructions
- XOP / eXtended Operations instructions
- AMD64 / AMD 64-bit technology ?
- VT / Virtualization technology ?
- EVP / Enhanced Virus Protection ?
- Turbo Core 3.0 technology
|Low power features|
- Core C1, C1E, C6 and CC6 states
- Package S3, S4 and S5 states
|Integrated peripherals / components|
- GPU Type: Radeon HD 7600G
Shader cores: 384
Base frequency (MHz): 320
Maximum frequency (MHz): 424
- The number of controllers: 1
Memory channels: 2
Supported memory: DDR3-1333, DDR3L-1333, DDR3U-1066
- PCI Express 2.0
- HD Media Accelerator
- DVI / DisplayPort / HDMI / VGA display controllers
|Electrical / Thermal parameters|
|Maximum operating temperature ? ||100°C|
|Thermal Design Power ? ||19 Watt|
Detailed side-by-side comparison
Q: I have an AMD A8-4555M CPU. Is it possible to upgrade it?
A: No. Microprocessors like this one are soldered on a board, as a result, upgrading or replacing them is extremely difficult.
Sorry, we do not have overclocking data for the processor at this time.
Related news stories
AMD quietly releases ultra low power APUs
Sep 27, 2012
: The launch of AMD "Trinity" mobile lineup back in May included
two low- and ultra-low voltage microprocessors. Featuring only 25 Watt
or lower Thermal Design Power, new chips were supposedly to be cheaper
than Intel's ULV offerings. A quick look at current prices shows that AMD
thin-and-light notebooks are indeed less expensive than Intel-based
ultrabooks, although this partially can be explained by more stringent
Ultrabook requirements, such as notebook's height and battery life.
AMD A4-4355M and A8-4555M APUs surface in Lenovo notebook
Sep 07, 2012
: Last week at IFA electronics show in Berlin, Lenovo announced new
IdeaPad notebooks, including three S series models: S300, S400, and
S405. The S300 and S400 laptops will be based on Intel ULV CPUs,
whereas the S405 will be shipped with three ultra low voltage AMD
APUs with "Trinity" core. The most interesting part is that two
out of three processors are not yet released. These are A4-4355M and