AMD FX-Series FX-4200 - FD4200FRW4KGU
Preliminary information. The part is not released yet.
Only partial specifications are provided.
AMD FX-4200 specifications
|Type||CPU / Microprocessor|
|Model number ? ||FX-4200|
|CPU part number||FD4200FRW4KGU is an OEM/tray microprocessor|
|Frequency ? ||3300 MHz|
|Package||938-pin micro-PGA package|
|Architecture / Microarchitecture|
|Processor core ? ||Zambezi|
|Core stepping ? ||B2|
|Manufacturing process||0.032 micron|
|Data width||64 bit|
|The number of cores||4|
|The number of threads||4|
|Floating Point Unit||Integrated|
|Level 1 cache size ? ||2 x 64 KB two-way associative shared instruction caches|
4 x 16 KB 4-way associative data caches
|Level 2 cache size ? ||2 x 2 MB 16-way associative shared exclusive caches|
|Level 3 cache size||8 MB up to 64-way associative shared cache|
- MMX instructions
- SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
- SSE2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 2
- SSE3 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSSE3 / Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSE4 / SSE4.1 + SSE4.2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 4 ?
- SSE4a ?
- AES / Advanced Encryption Standard instructions
- ABM / Advanced Bit Manipulation ?
- AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions
- FMA4 / 4-operand Fused Multiply-Add instructions
- XOP / eXtended Operations instructions
- AMD64 / AMD 64-bit technology ?
- VT / Virtualization technology ?
- EVP / Enhanced Virus Protection ?
- Turbo Core 2.0 technology
|Low power features|
- Core C1, C1E, C6 and CC6 states
- Package S3, S4 and S5 states
|Integrated peripherals / components|
- The number of controllers: 1
Memory channels: 2
Supported memory: DDR3
|Other peripherals||HyperTransport 3.1 technology|
|Electrical / Thermal parameters|
|Thermal Design Power ? ||125 Watt|
|Notes on AMD FD4200FRW4KGU|
- The processor has unlocked clock multiplier
CPUs, related to AMD FX-4200
|AMD FX-Series family, Socket AM3+|
| FX-4200||4 / 4||3.3 GHz|| ||8 MB||125 Watt|| |
| FX-4350||4 / 4||4.2 GHz||4.3 GHz||8 MB||125 Watt||$122|
| FX-6100||6 / 6||3.3 GHz||3.9 GHz||8 MB||95 Watt||$112|
| FX-6120||6 / 6||3.5 GHz||4.1 GHz||8 MB||95 Watt|| |
| FX-6300||6 / 6||3.5 GHz||4.1 GHz||8 MB||95 Watt||$112|
| FX-6200||6 / 6||3.8 GHz||4.1 GHz||8 MB||125 Watt||$132|
| FX-6350||6 / 6||3.9 GHz||4.2 GHz||8 MB||125 Watt||$132|
| FX-8100||8 / 8||2.8 GHz||3.7 GHz||8 MB||95 Watt|| |
| FX-8120||8 / 8||3.1 GHz||4 GHz||8 MB||125 Watt||$153|
| FX-8120 (95W)||8 / 8||3.1 GHz||4 GHz||8 MB||95 Watt|| |
| FX-8140||8 / 8||3.2 GHz||4.1 GHz||8 MB||95 Watt|| |
| FX-8300||8 / 8||3.3 GHz||4.2 GHz||8 MB||95 Watt|| |
| FX-8320||8 / 8||3.5 GHz||4 GHz||8 MB||125 Watt||$153|
| FX-8150||8 / 8||3.6 GHz||4.2 GHz||8 MB||125 Watt||$183|
| FX-8350||8 / 8||4 GHz||4.2 GHz||8 MB||125 Watt||$195|
• Upcoming processors, that are not released yet, are marked with this color
• Within each category, the CPUs are sorted from slower (at the top) to faster (at the bottom)
• The 'Price' column shows official AMD prices as of Apr 29, 2013. Prices for obsolete and tray-only processors are not provided.
• List of related CPUs is not complete.
AMD FX-4200 is available for pre-order
May 12, 2012
: AMD FX-400 quad-core series currently includes two CPUs: FX-4100
and FX-4170. At least two other models from the same series, FX-4130 and
FX-4150, were discovered in leaked AMD roadmaps, although they are not
launched yet. It is possible that another quad-core FX processor may be
released before the 4130 and 4150. AMD FX-4200 was spotted in Gigabyte
and MSI CPU support lists in March and April, and recently appeared
in Bottom Line Telecommunications online store.
New AMD FX processors sighted in MSI support list
Apr 10, 2012
: In March Donanimhaber published a slide with details of two
FX-Series microprocessors, coming in the second quarter. According to
the slide, AMD FX-4130 and FX-6130 are not going to be the fastest
CPUs on the block, as such we hope that they will be less expensive
than current FX-4170 and FX-6200 products. Specifications of FX-4130
and FX-6130 CPUs were recently confirmed, when MSI
their specs to CPU support list of MSI 890FXA-GD70 motherboard.
AMD FX-4200 CPU spotted in Gigabyte support list
Mar 28, 2012
: In the third quarter of the year AMD is going to launch new FX
processors with "Piledriver" core, that should improve efficiency of
current Bulldozer cores. Before the launch, the company
was planning to release a couple of FX chips based on older Bulldozer
micro-architecture. In February Donanimhaber
a slide with roadmap for the first three quarters of 2012. If the
roadmap is correct, we should see FX-4120 and
FX-6120 in the second quarter. It is possible that in addition to
these microprocessors, AMD will also release FX-4200, that was spotted
today on Gigabyte website
You're welcome to post suggestions, corrections, your own personal
AMD FX-4200 review, or your experience with the microprocessor.
Please do not ask upgrade and troubleshooting questions, and do not start
Find FX-Series CPUs with: