AMD FX-6350 specifications
|Type||CPU / Microprocessor|
|Model number ? ||FX-6350|
|CPU part numbers||FD6350FRW6KHK is an OEM/tray microprocessor|
FD6350FRHKBOX is a boxed microprocessor
|Frequency ? ||3900 MHz|
|Turbo frequency||4200 MHz|
|Boosted P states ||#1: 4200 MHz, 1.425V|
|Package||938-pin micro-PGA package|
|Introduction date||October 2012 (shipped in OEM PCs)|
|Price at introduction||$132|
|Architecture / Microarchitecture|
|Processor core ? ||Vishera|
|Core stepping ? ||C0|
|Manufacturing process||0.032 micron|
|Data width||64 bit|
|The number of cores||6|
|The number of threads||6|
|Floating Point Unit||Integrated|
|Level 1 cache size ? ||3 x 64 KB shared instruction caches|
6 x 16 KB data caches
|Level 2 cache size ? ||3 x 2 MB shared exclusive caches|
|Level 3 cache size||8 MB shared cache|
- MMX instructions
- SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
- SSE2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 2
- SSE3 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSSE3 / Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSE4 / SSE4.1 + SSE4.2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 4 ?
- SSE4a ?
- AES / Advanced Encryption Standard instructions
- ABM / Advanced Bit Manipulation ?
- AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions
- BMI1 / Bit Manipulation instructions 1
- FMA3 / 3-operand Fused Multiply-Add instructions
- FMA4 / 4-operand Fused Multiply-Add instructions
- F16C / 16-bit Floating-Point conversion instructions
- TBM / Trailing Bit Manipulation instructions
- XOP / eXtended Operations instructions
- AMD64 / AMD 64-bit technology ?
- VT / Virtualization technology ?
- EVP / Enhanced Virus Protection ?
- Turbo Core 3.0 technology
|Low power features||PowerNow!|
|Low power P states ||#1: 3600 MHz, 1.2875V|
#2: 3100 MHz, 1.2V
#3: 2500 MHz, 1.1V
#4: 2000 MHz, 1V
#5: 1400 MHz, 0.875V
|Integrated peripherals / components|
- The number of controllers: 1
Memory channels: 2
Supported memory: DDR3-1866
|Other peripherals||HyperTransport technology ? |
|Electrical / Thermal parameters|
|Thermal Design Power ? ||125 Watt|
|Notes on AMD FD6350FRW6KHK|
- The processor has unlocked clock multiplier
 - These characteristics were measured on a single CPU, and they can vary slightly for other processors with the same model number
Detailed side-by-side comparison
Q: My processor is running 55C under load. Is this normal?
A: Safe CPU temperatures are 60 degrees Celsius and below. It may
still run fine with CPU temperatures, exceeding 60C threshold by a
few degrees. Running the FX-6350 close to 70 degrees and higher is not
Q: Is it possible to upgrade my AMD FX-6350 CPU?
A: Probably yes. Processor compatibility is determined by your motherboard. Please see CPU-Upgrade.com resource for CPU support list for your board.
Sorry, overclocking information is not available at this time.
Related news stories
AMD launches FX-4350 and FX-6350 CPUs
Apr 30, 2013
: AMD FX microprocessors, based on "Vishera" core, were available since
last October. "Vishera" CPUs use the latest "Piledriver" architecture,
and come with 2, 3 or 4 modules, which corresponds to 4, 6 or 8 cores.
The chips also have up to 16 MB total cache, and support the latest
instructions, including AVX and FMA3. So far AMD had 4 different
retail models, and 2 other SKUs were shipped in computers only.
Yesterday AMD refreshed FX family with two new products, FX-4350 and
AMD FX-4350 and FX-6350 CPUs are available for pre-order
Mar 08, 2013
: AMD FX-Series "Piledriver" processors have been launched last
October, and included FX-4300 and FX-6300 95 Watt CPUs, together
with FX-8320 and FX-8350 125 Watt parts. It was rumored that AMD will
launch several more SKUs at the end of Q4 2012, but those rumors were
not realized, and we're still waiting for FX-4320, FX-4350, FX-6350
and FX-8300. The good news is that two out of four FX processors, namely
FX-4350 and FX-6350, are now
for pre-order in US.
AMD FX-8140, FX-6350 and FX-8300 CPUs shipped in HP h8-1400z PC
Oct 26, 2012
: On October 23, AMD refreshed FX series lineup, releasing 4
different second-generation models, some with as many as 8 CPU cores.
In addition to retail parts, this week AMD also launched six-core FX-6350 and eight-core
FX-8300 microprocessors for OEM systems. The OEM parts
now available in HP ENVY h8-1400z desktop computer.
AMD plans six-core FX-6350 "Piledriver" CPU
Sep 02, 2012
: AMD is going to launch FX-Series microprocessors with Vishera core
in the fourth quarter 2012. New FX lineup will consists of 4-, 6- and
8-core models, and they will operate at slightly faster clock speeds
than current generation of "Bulldozer" CPUs. Additionally, Vishera
processors are expected to have up to 15% better performance due
to enhancements in the Piledriver microarchitecture.