AMD FX-8140 specifications
|Type||CPU / Microprocessor|
|Model number ? ||FX-8140|
|CPU part number||FD8140WMW8KGU is an OEM/tray microprocessor|
|Frequency ? ||3200 MHz|
|Turbo frequency||4100 MHz|
|Boosted P states ||#1: 4100 MHz, 1.4125V|
#2: 3500 MHz, 1.2625V
|Bus speed ? ||One 2600 MHz 16-bit HyperTransport link|
|Package||938-pin micro-PGA package|
|Introduction date||October 2012 (shipped in OEM PCs)|
|Architecture / Microarchitecture|
|Processor core ? ||Zambezi|
|Core stepping ? ||B2|
|Manufacturing process||0.032 micron|
|Data width||64 bit|
|The number of cores||8|
|The number of threads||8|
|Floating Point Unit||Integrated|
|Level 1 cache size ? ||4 x 64 KB two-way associative shared instruction caches|
8 x 16 KB 4-way associative data caches
|Level 2 cache size ? ||4 x 2 MB 16-way associative shared exclusive caches|
|Level 3 cache size||8 MB up to 64-way associative shared cache|
- MMX instructions
- SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
- SSE2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 2
- SSE3 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSSE3 / Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSE4 / SSE4.1 + SSE4.2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 4 ?
- SSE4a ?
- AES / Advanced Encryption Standard instructions
- ABM / Advanced Bit Manipulation ?
- AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions
- FMA4 / 4-operand Fused Multiply-Add instructions
- XOP / eXtended Operations instructions
- AMD64 / AMD 64-bit technology ?
- VT / Virtualization technology ?
- EVP / Enhanced Virus Protection ?
- Turbo Core 2.0 technology
|Low power features|
- Core C1, C1E, C6 and CC6 states
- Package S3, S4 and S5 states
|Low power P states ||#1: 2800 MHz, 1.1V|
#2: 2300 MHz, 1.025V
#3: 1900 MHz, 0.9625V
#4: 1400 MHz, 0.8875V
|Integrated peripherals / components|
- The number of controllers: 1
Memory channels: 2
Supported memory: DDR3-1866
|Other peripherals||HyperTransport 3.1 technology|
|Electrical / Thermal parameters|
|Thermal Design Power ? ||95 Watt|
|Notes on AMD FD8140WMW8KGU|
- The processor has unlocked clock multiplier
 - These characteristics were measured on a single CPU, and they can vary slightly for other processors with the same model number
Detailed side-by-side comparison
Q: My processor is running 55C under load. Is this normal?
A: Safe CPU temperatures are 60 degrees Celsius and below. It may
still run fine with CPU temperatures, exceeding 60C threshold by a
few degrees. Running the FX-8140 close to 70 degrees and higher is not
Q: I have an AMD FX-8140 processor. Is it possible to upgrade it?
A: Probably yes. CPU compatibility is determined by your motherboard. Please see CPU-Upgrade.com website for CPU support list for your board.
Sorry, overclocking information is not available at this time.
Related news stories
AMD FX-8140, FX-6350 and FX-8300 CPUs shipped in HP h8-1400z PC
Oct 26, 2012
: On October 23, AMD refreshed FX series lineup, releasing 4
different second-generation models, some with as many as 8 CPU cores.
In addition to retail parts, this week AMD also launched six-core FX-6350 and eight-core
FX-8300 microprocessors for OEM systems. The OEM parts
now available in HP ENVY h8-1400z desktop computer.
New AMD FX processors sighted in MSI support list
Apr 10, 2012
: In March Donanimhaber published a slide with details of two
FX-Series microprocessors, coming in the second quarter. According to
the slide, AMD FX-4130 and FX-6130 are not going to be the fastest
CPUs on the block, as such we hope that they will be less expensive
than current FX-4170 and FX-6200 products. Specifications of FX-4130
and FX-6130 CPUs were recently confirmed, when MSI
their specs to CPU support list of MSI 890FXA-GD70 motherboard.
AMD to release more Bulldozer FX CPUs
Feb 18, 2012
: With the first Trinity APUs expected sometime around the middle of the year, and Vishera CPUs with a Piledriver core expected in Q3, Donanimhaber have uploaded a slide containing details of 3 Zambezi CPUs (with a Bulldozer core) that are expected during Q1 2012. We have already posted preliminary information about FX-6120, and AMD have now added FX-8120 and FX-4150 to the line-up.