AMD FX-8300 specifications
|Type||CPU / Microprocessor|
|Model number ? ||FX-8300|
|CPU part numbers||FD8300WMW8KHK is an OEM/tray microprocessor|
FD8300WMHKSBX is a boxed microprocessor
|Frequency ? ||3300 MHz|
|Turbo frequency||4200 MHz|
|Package||938-pin micro-PGA package|
|Introduction date||October 2012 (shipped in OEM PCs)|
|Architecture / Microarchitecture|
|Processor core ? ||Vishera|
|Core stepping ? ||C0|
|Manufacturing process||0.032 micron|
|Data width||64 bit|
|The number of cores||8|
|The number of threads||8|
|Floating Point Unit||Integrated|
|Level 1 cache size ? ||4 x 64 KB shared instruction caches|
8 x 16 KB data caches
|Level 2 cache size ? ||4 x 2 MB shared exclusive caches|
|Level 3 cache size||8 MB shared cache|
- MMX instructions
- SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
- SSE2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 2
- SSE3 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSSE3 / Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSE4 / SSE4.1 + SSE4.2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 4 ?
- SSE4a ?
- AES / Advanced Encryption Standard instructions
- ABM / Advanced Bit Manipulation ?
- AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions
- BMI1 / Bit Manipulation instructions 1
- FMA3 / 3-operand Fused Multiply-Add instructions
- FMA4 / 4-operand Fused Multiply-Add instructions
- F16C / 16-bit Floating-Point conversion instructions
- TBM / Trailing Bit Manipulation instructions
- XOP / eXtended Operations instructions
- AMD64 / AMD 64-bit technology ?
- VT / Virtualization technology ?
- EVP / Enhanced Virus Protection ?
- Turbo Core 3.0 technology
|Low power features||PowerNow!|
|Integrated peripherals / components|
- The number of controllers: 1
Memory channels: 2
Supported memory: DDR3-1866
|Other peripherals||HyperTransport technology ? |
|Electrical / Thermal parameters|
|Thermal Design Power ? ||95 Watt|
|Notes on AMD FD8300WMW8KHK|
- The processor has unlocked clock multiplier
Detailed side-by-side comparison
Q: My processor is running 55C under load. Is this normal?
A: Safe CPU temperatures are 60 degrees Celsius and below. It may
still run fine with CPU temperatures, exceeding 60C threshold by a
few degrees. Running the FX-8300 close to 70 degrees and higher is not
Q: Is it possible to upgrade my FX-8300 microprocessor?
A: Probably yes. Processor compatibility is determined by your motherboard. Please check CPU-Upgrade.com website for CPU support list for your board.
Sorry, overclocking information is not available at this time.
Related news stories
AMD FX-8140, FX-6350 and FX-8300 CPUs shipped in HP h8-1400z PC
Oct 26, 2012
: On October 23, AMD refreshed FX series lineup, releasing 4
different second-generation models, some with as many as 8 CPU cores.
In addition to retail parts, this week AMD also launched six-core FX-6350 and eight-core
FX-8300 microprocessors for OEM systems. The OEM parts
now available in HP ENVY h8-1400z desktop computer.
AMD FX-8300 and FX-8320 to launch in October
Jul 15, 2012
: We previously reported on new AMD FX-8350 eight core
microprocessor, coming in the fourth quarter. Due to improved
micro-architecture and higher stock frequency, that part will
offer moderate performance boost over current
flagship AMD FX-8150. The FX-8350 is
not going to be released alone.
to Fudzilla, AMD plans to launch FX-8300 and FX-8320 eight-core
models together with the 8350.