AMD Opteron 3250 HE - OS3250HOW4MGU / OS3250HOW4MGUWOF
AMD Opteron 3250 HE specifications
|Type||CPU / Microprocessor|
|Family||AMD Opteron 3200 series|
|Model number ? ||3250 HE|
|CPU part numbers||OS3250HOW4MGU is an OEM/tray microprocessor|
OS3250HOW4MGUWOF is a boxed microprocessor
|Frequency ? ||2500 MHz|
|Turbo frequency||2800 MHz (more than 2 cores)|
3500 MHz (2 cores or less)
|Bus speed ? ||One 2600 MHz 16-bit HyperTransport link|
|Package||938-pin micro-PGA package|
|Introduction date||March 20, 2012|
|Price at introduction||$99|
|Architecture / Microarchitecture|
|Processor core ? ||Zurich|
|Core stepping ? ||B2|
|Manufacturing process||0.032 micron|
|Data width||64 bit|
|The number of cores||4|
|The number of threads||4|
|Floating Point Unit||Integrated|
|Level 1 cache size ? ||2 x 64 KB two-way associative shared instruction caches|
4 x 16 KB 4-way associative data caches
|Level 2 cache size ? ||2 x 2 MB shared caches|
|Level 3 cache size||4 MB|
- MMX instructions
- SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
- SSE2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 2
- SSE3 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSSE3 / Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSE4 / SSE4.1 + SSE4.2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 4 ?
- SSE4a ?
- AES / Advanced Encryption Standard instructions
- ABM / Advanced Bit Manipulation ?
- AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions
- FMA4 / 4-operand Fused Multiply-Add instructions
- XOP / eXtended Operations instructions
- AMD64 / AMD 64-bit technology ?
- VT / Virtualization technology ?
- EVP / Enhanced Virus Protection ?
- Turbo Core technology
|Low power features||AMD-P: |
- Advanced Platform Management Link
- CoolSpeed technology
- C1E state
- C6 state
- Low Voltage DDR3 memory support
- TDP power cap
- Integrated dual-channel DDR3 memory controller
- HyperTransport 3.0 technology
|Electrical / Thermal parameters|
|Thermal Design Power ? ||45 Watt|
|Notes on AMD OS3250HOW4MGU|
- Memory controller supports DDR3-1333, DDR3-1600 and DDR3-1866 memory
- Multiple DDR3-1866 DIMMs per memory channel are not supported
- ECC memory is supported
- NorthBridge controller frequency is 2 GHz
- The price is preliminary
CPUs, related to AMD Opteron 3250 HE
|AMD Opteron 3200 series family, Socket AM3+|
| Opteron 3250 HE||4 / 4||2.5 GHz||3.5 GHz||4 MB||45 Watt||$99|
| Opteron 3260 HE||4 / 4||2.7 GHz||3.7 GHz||4 MB||45 Watt||$125|
| Opteron 3280||8 / 8||2.4 GHz||3.5 GHz||8 MB||65 Watt||$229|
• Within each category, the CPUs are sorted from slower (at the top) to faster (at the bottom)
• The 'Price' column shows official AMD prices as of Apr 29, 2013. Prices for obsolete and tray-only processors are not provided.
Q: I have an AMD Opteron 3250 HE microprocessor. Can I upgrade it?
A: Probably yes. CPU compatibility is determined by your motherboard. Please see CPU-Upgrade.com resource for CPU support list for your board.
AMD 3250 HE Overclocking
Sorry, overclocking information is not available at this time.
New Opteron 4200 and 6200 CPUs added to AMD pricelist
May 01, 2012
: We already reported about AMD's plans to refresh existing Opteron 4200
and 6200 series with several new SKUs, which will be done before
transitioning to the next generation of server processors, based on
Piledriver core. Last month new Opterons surfaced in a few US online
stores, and today AMD added these CPUs to official pricelist. We
consider this as an indication that the SKUs have been launched. The
company also added prices for Opteron 3200 series chips, that were
released in March.
AMD releases Opteron 3200 series processors
Mar 20, 2012
: AMD today launched Opteron 300 series platform for single-socket
low power cloud servers. The platform consists of SR56X0 NorthBridge
chipset, SP5100 SouthBridge chipset, and three Opteron 3200-series
microprocessors featuring from 4 to 8 cores. Although all first
Opteron generations included single-socket models, they have been
dropped in Six-core Opteron family three years ago, and were
re-introduced today with a new twist: they have low power
requirements, and they are targeted at dense power-efficient web servers.
Pre-order prices of AMD Opteron 3200, 4200 and 6200 processors
Oct 07, 2011
: Earlier this week we published two stories with model numbers and
partial specifications of Opteron 3200 and 4200 server processors.
Today our reader John Wuorenmaa alerted us that these processors,
as well as full Opteron 6200 line-up, are now available
for pre-order at Bottom Line Telecommunications. What's more,
Opteron 6200 line-up references two new processors, Opteron 6204 and
Three AMD Opteron 3200 series CPUs are in the works
Oct 05, 2011
: Original AMD Opteron family, launched 8 years ago, was aimed at three
different parts of the server market. Opteron 1xx series was destined
for uniprocessor workstations, 2xx series was designed for
dual-processor systems, and 8xx series for multi-processor servers.
Second and Third-generation Opterons followed Opteron's footsteps,
and also targeted low-, mid- and
high-ends of the market segments.
You're welcome to post suggestions, corrections, your own personal
AMD Opteron 3250 HE review, or your experience with the microprocessor.
Please do not ask upgrade and troubleshooting questions, and do not start
Find Opteron 3200 series CPUs with: