AMD Opteron 4280 specifications
|Type||CPU / Microprocessor|
|Family||AMD Opteron 4200 series|
|Model number ? ||4280|
|CPU part numbers||OS4280WLU8KGU is an OEM/tray server microprocessor|
OS4280WLU8KGUS is an order number for an OEM/tray embedded processor
OS4280WLU8KGUWOF is a boxed microprocessor
|Frequency ? ||2800 MHz|
|Turbo frequency||3100 MHz (more than 4 cores)|
3500 MHz (4 cores or less)
|Bus speed ? ||3200 MHz HyperTransport links (6.4 GT/s)|
|Package||1207-land organic Land Grid Array|
|Introduction date||November 14, 2011|
|Price at introduction||$255|
|Architecture / Microarchitecture|
|Processor core ? ||Valencia|
|Core stepping ? ||B2|
|Manufacturing process||0.032 micron SOI|
|Data width||64 bit|
|The number of cores||8|
|The number of threads||8|
|Floating Point Unit||Integrated|
|Level 1 cache size ? ||4 x 64 KB 2-way associative shared instruction caches|
8 x 16 KB 4-way associative data caches
|Level 2 cache size ? ||4 x 2 MB 16-way associative shared exclusive caches|
|Level 3 cache size||8 MB up to 64-way associative shared cache|
|Multiprocessing||Up to 2 processors|
- MMX instructions
- SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
- SSE2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 2
- SSE3 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSSE3 / Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSE4 / SSE4.1 + SSE4.2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 4 ?
- SSE4a ?
- AES / Advanced Encryption Standard instructions
- ABM / Advanced Bit Manipulation ?
- AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions
- FMA4 / 4-operand Fused Multiply-Add instructions
- XOP / eXtended Operations instructions
- AMD64 / AMD 64-bit technology ?
- VT / Virtualization technology ?
- EVP / Enhanced Virus Protection ?
- Turbo Core technology
|Low power features|
- AMD-P 2.0
- Core C1, C1E, C6 and CC6 states
- Package S3, S4 and S5 states
- Integrated dual-channel DDR3 memory controller
- HyperTransport 3.0 technology with 3 HT links
|Electrical / Thermal parameters|
|Maximum operating temperature ? ||70.5°C|
|Average CPU Power||75 Watt|
|Thermal Design Power ? ||95 Watt|
|Notes on AMD OS4280WLU8KGU|
- Also available as an embedded microprocessor
- OS4280WLU8KGUWOF does not include fan/heatsink
- Memory controller supports UDDR3/RDDR3 up to DDR3-1600 memory, and ULV RDDR3 up to DDR3-1333 memory
Detailed side-by-side comparison
Q: Is it possible to upgrade my AMD Opteron 4280 CPU?
A: Probably yes. Processor compatibility is determined by your motherboard. Please see CPU-Upgrade.com website for CPU support list for your board.
Opteron 4280 Overclocking
Sorry, overclocking information is not available at this time.
Related news stories
AMD releases Opteron 6200 and 4200 CPUs
Nov 14, 2011
: Earlier last week AMD announced "Ready Solutions for servers"
initiative, which aims to provide large selection of compatible
motherboards at the launch of Opteron 6200 series microprocessors
with Interlagos core. Also last week, specifications of several HP
Proliant servers were updated to include new Opterons, and Japanese
Dell website started offering Opteron 6200 chips, along with 6100
processors, in PowerEdge servers.
Pre-order prices of AMD Opteron 3200, 4200 and 6200 processors
Oct 07, 2011
: Earlier this week we published two stories with model numbers and
partial specifications of Opteron 3200 and 4200 server processors.
Today our reader John Wuorenmaa alerted us that these processors,
as well as full Opteron 6200 line-up, are now available
for pre-order at Bottom Line Telecommunications. What's more,
Opteron 6200 line-up references two new processors, Opteron 6204 and
AMD Opteron 4200 lineup revealed
Oct 04, 2011
: In September AMD began shipments of next generation server
processors with Interlagos core, based on Bulldozer
micro-architecture. The CPUs, branded as Opteron 6200, will feature up
to 16 cores, support quad-CPU configurations, and will be launched
this quarter. Also in the 4th quarter, AMD is going to introduce
Opteron 4200 "Valencia" chips, which are less expensive server parts for