AMD Opteron 6204 specifications
|Type||CPU / Microprocessor|
|Family||AMD Opteron 6200 series|
|Model number ? ||6204|
|CPU part numbers||OS6204WKT4GGU is an OEM/tray microprocessor|
OS6204WKT4GGUWOF is a boxed microprocessor
|Frequency ? ||3300 MHz|
|Bus speed ? ||3200 MHz HyperTransport links (6.4 GT/s)|
|Package||1944-land organic LGA|
|Introduction date||November 14, 2011|
|Price at introduction||$455|
|Architecture / Microarchitecture|
|Processor core ? ||Interlagos|
|Core stepping ? ||B2|
|Manufacturing process||0.032 micron SOI|
|Data width||64 bit|
|The number of cores||4|
|The number of threads||4|
|Floating Point Unit||Integrated|
|Level 1 cache size ? ||2 x 64 KB 2-way associative shared instruction caches|
4 x 16 KB 4-way associative data caches
|Level 2 cache size ? ||2 x 2 MB 16-way associative shared exclusive caches|
|Level 3 cache size||2 x 8 MB up to 64-way associative shared caches|
|Multiprocessing||Up to 4 processors|
- MMX instructions
- SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
- SSE2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 2
- SSE3 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSSE3 / Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSE4 / SSE4.1 + SSE4.2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 4 ?
- SSE4a ?
- AES / Advanced Encryption Standard instructions
- ABM / Advanced Bit Manipulation ?
- AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions
- FMA4 / 4-operand Fused Multiply-Add instructions
- XOP / eXtended Operations instructions
- AMD64 / AMD 64-bit technology ?
- VT / Virtualization technology ?
- EVP / Enhanced Virus Protection ?
|Low power features||AMD-P 2.0: |
- Core C1, C1E, C6 and CC6 states
- Package S3, S4 and S5 states
- TDP power cap
- Integrated quad-channel DDR3 memory controller
- HyperTransport 3.0 technology with 4 HT links
|Electrical / Thermal parameters|
|V core ? ||1.1875V|
|Maximum operating temperature ? ||55°C - 69°C|
|Average CPU Power||80 Watt|
|Thermal Design Power ? ||115 Watt|
|Notes on AMD OS6204WKT4GGU|
- Memory controller supports UDDR3/RDDR3 up to DDR3-1600 memory, ULV RDDR3 up to DDR3-1333, and LRDIMM up to DDR3-1333 memory
Detailed side-by-side comparison
Historical price chart
The chart below shows official prices of AMD Opteron 6200 series 6204 and 6212 processors:
Q: I have an AMD Opteron 6204 microprocessor. Is it possible to upgrade it?
A: Probably yes. Processor compatibility is determined by your motherboard. Please check CPU-Upgrade.com website for CPU support list for your board.
Opteron 6204 Overclocking
Sorry, overclocking information is not available at this time.
Related news stories
AMD releases Opteron 6200 and 4200 CPUs
Nov 14, 2011
: Earlier last week AMD announced "Ready Solutions for servers"
initiative, which aims to provide large selection of compatible
motherboards at the launch of Opteron 6200 series microprocessors
with Interlagos core. Also last week, specifications of several HP
Proliant servers were updated to include new Opterons, and Japanese
Dell website started offering Opteron 6200 chips, along with 6100
processors, in PowerEdge servers.
Pre-order prices of AMD Opteron 3200, 4200 and 6200 processors
Oct 07, 2011
: Earlier this week we published two stories with model numbers and
partial specifications of Opteron 3200 and 4200 server processors.
Today our reader John Wuorenmaa alerted us that these processors,
as well as full Opteron 6200 line-up, are now available
for pre-order at Bottom Line Telecommunications. What's more,
Opteron 6200 line-up references two new processors, Opteron 6204 and