AMD Opteron 6378 specifications
|Type||CPU / Microprocessor|
|Family||AMD Opteron 6300 series|
|Model number ? ||6378|
|CPU part numbers||OS6378WKTGGHK is an OEM/tray microprocessor|
OS6378WKTGGHKWOF is a boxed microprocessor
|Frequency ? ||2400 MHz|
|Turbo frequency||2700 MHz (more than 8 cores)|
3300 MHz (8 cores or less)
|Bus speed ? ||3200 MHz HyperTransport links (6.4 GT/s)|
|Package||1944-land organic LGA|
|Introduction date||November 5, 2012|
|Price at introduction||$867|
|Architecture / Microarchitecture|
|Processor core ? ||Abu Dhabi|
|Core stepping ? ||OR-C0|
|Manufacturing process||0.032 micron|
|Data width||64 bit|
|The number of cores||16|
|The number of threads||16|
|Floating Point Unit||Integrated|
|Level 1 cache size ? ||8 x 64 KB shared instruction caches|
16 x 16 KB data caches
|Level 2 cache size ? ||8 x 2 MB shared exclusive caches|
|Level 3 cache size||2 x 8 MB shared caches|
|Multiprocessing||Up to 4 processors|
- MMX instructions
- SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
- SSE2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 2
- SSE3 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSSE3 / Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSE4 / SSE4.1 + SSE4.2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 4 ?
- SSE4a ?
- AES / Advanced Encryption Standard instructions
- ABM / Advanced Bit Manipulation ?
- AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions
- BMI1 / Bit Manipulation instructions 1
- F16C / 16-bit Floating-Point conversion instructions
- FMA3 / 3-operand Fused Multiply-Add instructions
- FMA4 / 4-operand Fused Multiply-Add instructions
- TBM / Trailing Bit Manipulation instructions
- XOP / eXtended Operations instructions
- AMD64 / AMD 64-bit technology ?
- VT / Virtualization technology ?
- EVP / Enhanced Virus Protection ?
- Turbo Core 2.0 technology
|Integrated peripherals / components|
- The number of controllers: 1
Memory channels: 4
Supported memory: DDR3
|Other peripherals||HyperTransport 3.0 technology with 4 HT links|
|Electrical / Thermal parameters|
|Maximum operating temperature ? ||69°C|
|Thermal Design Power ? ||115 Watt|
|Notes on AMD OS6378WKTGGHK|
- Memory controller supports UDDR3/RDDR3 up to DDR3-1600 memory, ULV RDDR3 up to DDR3-1333, and LRDIMM up to DDR3-1333 memory
Detailed side-by-side comparison
Q: Is it possible to upgrade my Opteron 6378 processor?
A: Probably yes. CPU compatibility is determined by your motherboard. Please see CPU-Upgrade.com website for CPU support list for your board.
Opteron 6378 Overclocking
Sorry, overclocking information is not available at this time.
Related news stories
AMD launches Opteron 6300 server processors
Nov 05, 2012
: AMD today launched Opteron 6300 series CPUs for quad-processor
servers. Built on Abu Dhabi core and "Piledriver" microarchitecture,
that incorporates a number of tweaks for improved performance, new
processors offer higher level of performance than the previous
generation of server products, that was branded as Opteron 6200. AMD
claims that new parts offer up to 24% better performance in
SPECjbb2005 server benchmark than their predecessors.
AMD publishes details of Opteron 6300 processors
Nov 03, 2012
: In October we witnessed the launch of two AMD desktop families,
based on their latest "Piledriver" microarchitecture. AMD released
budget and mid-class Accelerated Processing Units on October 2,
followed by high-performance FX microprocessors on October 23. Also
this quarter, the company will introduce even higher performing
"Piledriver" server CPUs, including Opteron 6300 series for
quad-processor servers, and 4300 series for dual-processor systems.
Details of Opteron 6300 series CPUs
Oct 11, 2012
: The latest microarchitecture from AMD, codenamed Piledriver,
already emerged in desktop and mobile products, and soon we may see it
in server processors. Later this quarter the company will replace
currently shipping Opteron 4200 and 6200 microprocessors for 2- and
4-way servers with Piledriver-based models. The new 2-way CPUs
will be branded as Opteron 4300 series. Piledriver parts for
quad-processor systems will be available as "Opteron 6300 series".