Intel Core i3-4100E specifications
|Type||CPU / Microprocessor|
|Family||Intel Core i3 Mobile|
|Model number ? ||i3-4100E|
|CPU part number|
- CL8064701484002 is an OEM/tray microprocessor
|Frequency ? ||2400 MHz|
|Bus speed ? ||5 GT/s DMI|
|Clock multiplier ? ||24|
|Package||1364-ball micro-FCBGA package (FCBGA1364)|
|Size||1.48" x 1.26" / 3.75cm x 3.2cm|
|Introduction date||September 1, 2013|
|Price at introduction||$225|
|Architecture / Microarchitecture|
|Processor core ? ||Haswell|
|Core stepping ? ||C0 (SR17N)|
|Manufacturing process||0.022 micron|
|Data width||64 bit|
|The number of cores||2|
|The number of threads||4|
|Floating Point Unit||Integrated|
|Level 1 cache size ? ||2 x 32 KB instruction caches|
2 x 32 KB data caches
|Level 2 cache size ? ||2 x 256 KB|
|Level 3 cache size||3 MB shared cache|
|Physical memory||16 GB|
- MMX instructions
- SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
- SSE2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 2
- SSE3 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSSE3 / Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSE4 / SSE4.1 + SSE4.2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 4 ?
- AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions
- AVX2 / Advanced Vector Extensions 2.0
- FMA3 / 3-operand Fused Multiply-Add instructions
- EM64T / Extended Memory 64 technology / Intel 64 ?
- NX / XD / Execute disable bit ?
- HT / Hyper-Threading technology ?
- VT-x / Virtualization technology ?
|Low power features||Enhanced SpeedStep technology ? |
|Integrated peripherals / components|
- GPU Type: HD 4600
Base frequency (MHz): 400
Maximum frequency (MHz): 900
The number of supported displays: 3
- The number of controllers: 1
Memory channels: 2
Supported memory: DDR3L-1333, DDR3L-1600
Maximum memory bandwidth (GB/s): 25.6
ECC supported: Yes
- Direct Media Interface 2.0
- PCI Express 2.0 interface
|Electrical / Thermal parameters|
|Maximum operating temperature ? ||100°C|
|Thermal Design Power ? ||37 Watt|
|Notes on Intel Core i3-4100E|
- Embedded microprocessor
- Intel's product database claims that the processors supports PCI Express 3.0
- The processor has the following security, data protection and/or software features: Secure Key.
- The CPU is compatible with DirectX 11.1, OpenGL 4.2 and OpenCL 1.2 APIs.
- The graphics unit has the following software features enabled: Intel Wireless Display, Quick Sync Video, Clear Video HD technology, InTru 3D technology and Insider.
Detailed side-by-side comparison
Q: Is it possible to upgrade my Intel i3-4100E processor?
A: No. BGA microprocessors, like this one, are soldered on a motherboard, as such, upgrading or replacing them is very very difficult.
Core i3-4100E Overclocking
Sorry, we do not have overclocking data for this Intel Core i3 Mobile microprocessor at this time.
Related news stories
New embedded Intel CPUs available
Sep 08, 2013
: In the first week of September Intel launched large selection of
budget, mainstream and high-performance dual-core microprocessors for
desktop and mobile market segments. All in all, the company introduced
17 desktop parts, including Haswell-based Pentium and Core i3 models,
and 24 mobile Haswell CPUs and systems on a chip. The list of all
released products would be incomplete if we did not mention new embedded
microprocessors, also launched last week.
Specifications of Intel Core i3 and i5 embedded processors
Aug 01, 2013
: Last month we published partial specifications of Core
i3-4100E, i3-4102E, i5-4400E and i5-4402E embedded "Haswell" CPUs. Based on
information, provided in datasheets of DFI and EKF industrial
products, we learned that the microprocessors will run at frequencies from 1.6 GHz to
2.7 GHz, with 25 Watt and 37 Watt TDP options. Now we have more
information on these parts, including Turbo frequencies, GPU clocks,
and estimated launch date.
Intel Core i3 and i5 embedded CPUs spotted
Jul 10, 2013
: The first wave of Haswell-based standard- and low-power products,
introduced in June, consisted mostly of quad-core processors. In
September, Intel is going to release mainstream CPUs for consumer
mobile and desktop markets, that will include a number of dual-core
SKUs. It is possible that together with consumer dual-core
microprocessors, the company will launch a few embedded ones. Several
of these CPUs we spotted in upcoming industrial products.