Intel Core i5-3230M specifications
|Type||CPU / Microprocessor|
|Family||Intel Core i5 Mobile|
|Model number ? ||i5-3230M|
|CPU part number||AV8063801110901 is an OEM/tray microprocessor|
|Frequency ? ||2600 MHz|
|Turbo frequency||3200 MHz (1 core)|
3000 MHz (2 cores)
|Bus speed ? ||5 GT/s DMI|
|Clock multiplier ? ||26|
|Package||1023-ball micro-BGA (BGA1023)|
|Size||1.22" x 0.94" / 3.1cm x 2.4cm|
|Introduction date||January 20, 2013|
|Price at introduction||$225|
|Architecture / Microarchitecture|
|Processor core ? ||Ivy Bridge|
|Core stepping ? ||L1 (SR0WX)|
|Manufacturing process||0.022 micron|
|Data width||64 bit|
|The number of cores||2|
|The number of threads||4|
|Floating Point Unit||Integrated|
|Level 1 cache size ? ||2 x 32 KB instruction caches|
2 x 32 KB data caches
|Level 2 cache size ? ||2 x 256 KB|
|Level 3 cache size||3 MB|
|Physical memory||32 GB|
- MMX instructions
- SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
- SSE2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 2
- SSE3 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSSE3 / Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSE4 / SSE4.1 + SSE4.2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 4 ?
- AES / Advanced Encryption Standard instructions
- AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions
- F16C / 16-bit Floating-Point conversion instructions
- EM64T / Extended Memory 64 technology / Intel 64 ?
- NX / XD / Execute disable bit ?
- HT / Hyper-Threading technology ?
- TBT 2.0 / Turbo Boost technology 2.0 ?
- VT-x / Virtualization technology ?
|Low power features||Enhanced SpeedStep technology ? |
|Integrated peripherals / components|
- GPU Type: HD 4000
Base frequency (MHz): 650
Maximum frequency (MHz): 1100
- The number of controllers: 1
Memory channels: 2
Supported memory: DDR3-1333, DDR3-1600
- Direct Media Interface 2.0
- PCI Express 3.0 interface
|Electrical / Thermal parameters|
|Maximum operating temperature ? ||105°C|
|Thermal Design Power ? ||35 Watt|
|Notes on Intel AV8063801110901|
- According to Intel specification update, this processor supports VT-d technology
Detailed side-by-side comparison
Q: Can I upgrade my Intel i5-3230M CPU?
A: No. BGA processors, like this one, are soldered on a board, as a result, upgrading or replacing them is very very difficult.
Core i5-3230M Overclocking
Sorry, overclocking information is not available at this time.
Related news stories
Intel releases more mobile CPUs
Jan 25, 2013
: On Monday we published details and prices of mobile Intel
microprocessors, that were launched this week. The list of released
CPUs included 4 mobile Celerons along with Core i5 and i7 chips. Intel didn't make
an official announcement of new products, and we only learned about it
from updated official pricelist. During the week detailed
specifications of these processors were added to Intel's product
database. What's more, six other microprocessors surfaced in the
Intel Core i3-2348M and i5-3230M CPUs sighted
Nov 27, 2012
: We recently reported that Intel plans to introduce five mobile Core
i5 and i7 microprocessors in Q1 2013. It is likely that Intel will
launch more than just several SKUs, and we will also see a few Core
ULV parts, Ivy Bridge-based Celeron mobile processor or
processors, and even one Sandy Bridge CPU. The latter one is a Core
i3-2348M, and it was spotted in specifications of Fujitsu LIFEBOOK AH532, N532, NH532 and LH532
notebooks along with unreleased Core i5-3230M.