Intel Core i5-3380M specifications
|Type||CPU / Microprocessor|
|Family||Intel Core i5 Mobile|
|Model number ? ||i5-3380M|
|CPU part numbers||AW8063801109500 is an OEM/tray microprocessor|
BX80638I53380M is a boxed microprocessor
|Frequency ? ||2900 MHz|
|Turbo frequency||3600 MHz (1 core)|
3400 MHz (2 cores)
|Bus speed ? ||5 GT/s DMI|
|Clock multiplier ? ||29|
|Package||988-pin micro-PGA (rPGA988B)|
|Socket||Socket G2 / rPGA988B|
|Size||1.48" x 1.48" / 3.75cm x 3.75cm|
|Introduction date||January 20, 2013|
|Price at introduction||$266 (OEM)|
|Architecture / Microarchitecture|
|Processor core ? ||Ivy Bridge|
|Core stepping ? ||L1 (SR0X7)|
|Manufacturing process||0.022 micron|
|Data width||64 bit|
|The number of cores||2|
|The number of threads||4|
|Floating Point Unit||Integrated|
|Level 1 cache size ? ||2 x 32 KB instruction caches|
2 x 32 KB data caches
|Level 2 cache size ? ||2 x 256 KB|
|Level 3 cache size||3 MB|
|Physical memory||32 GB|
- MMX instructions
- SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
- SSE2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 2
- SSE3 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSSE3 / Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSE4 / SSE4.1 + SSE4.2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 4 ?
- AES / Advanced Encryption Standard instructions
- AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions
- F16C / 16-bit Floating-Point conversion instructions
- EM64T / Extended Memory 64 technology / Intel 64 ?
- NX / XD / Execute disable bit ?
- HT / Hyper-Threading technology ?
- TBT 2.0 / Turbo Boost technology 2.0 ?
- VT-x / Virtualization technology ?
- VT-d / Virtualization for directed I/O
- TXT / Trusted Execution technology
|Low power features||Enhanced SpeedStep technology ? |
|Integrated peripherals / components|
- GPU Type: HD 4000
Base frequency (MHz): 650
Maximum frequency (MHz): 1250
- The number of controllers: 1
Memory channels: 2
Supported memory: DDR3-1600, DDR3L-1600
- Direct Media Interface 2.0
- PCI Express 3.0 interface
|Electrical / Thermal parameters|
|Maximum operating temperature ? ||105°C|
|Thermal Design Power ? ||35 Watt|
Detailed side-by-side comparison
Q: Can I upgrade my Core i5-3380M processor?
A: Probably yes. CPU compatibility is determined by your motherboard. Please see CPU-Upgrade.com resource for CPU support list for your board.
Core i5-3380M Overclocking
Sorry, overclocking information is not available at this time.
Related news stories
Intel releases new mobile processors
Jan 21, 2013
: Yesterday we reported on eight budget desktop processors, launched
on Sunday. Specifications and prices of these Celeron, Pentium and
Core i3 CPUs appeared in Intel's official price list, that was updated
last weekend. The price list also revealed several new mobile
microprocessors. Perhaps the most interesting from new models are Ivy
Bridge-based Celeron 1000M, 1020M, 1007U and 1037U. Also released
yesterday are Core i5-3437U, i5-3340M, i5-3380M, i7-3540M and
i7-3687U, that are speed bumps of existing Core i5 and i7 models.
Details of upcoming Core i5 and i7 mobile CPUs
Nov 23, 2012
: This August VR-Zone published slides, detailing Intel mobile
roadmap, that covers five quarters from Q3 2012 to Q3 2013.
to the slides, Intel is going to release 5 dual-core Ivy Bridge
processors in the first quarter 2013. The new CPUs are Core i5-3340M,
i5-3380M and i7-3540M for mainstream notebooks, along with Core
i5-3437U and Core i7-3687U for ultrabooks. VR-Zone also provided clock
speeds for mainstream Core i5s and i7s. We now have more details on
all five SKUs.