Intel Core i5-3439Y specifications
|Type||CPU / Microprocessor|
|Family||Intel Core i5 Mobile|
|Model number ? ||i5-3439Y|
|CPU part number||AV8063801378103 is an OEM/tray microprocessor|
|Frequency ? ||1500 MHz|
|Turbo frequency||2300 MHz (1 core)|
2100 MHz (2 cores)
|Bus speed ? ||5 GT/s DMI|
|Clock multiplier ? ||15|
|Package||1023-ball micro-BGA (BGA1023)|
|Size||1.22" x 0.94" / 3.1cm x 2.4cm|
|Introduction date||January 7, 2013|
|Price at introduction||$250|
|Architecture / Microarchitecture|
|Processor core ? ||Ivy Bridge|
|Core stepping ? ||L1 (SR0ZN, SR12Q)|
|CPUID||306A9 (SR0ZN, SR12Q)|
|Manufacturing process||0.022 micron|
|Data width||64 bit|
|The number of cores||2|
|The number of threads||4|
|Floating Point Unit||Integrated|
|Level 1 cache size ? ||2 x 32 KB instruction caches|
2 x 32 KB data caches
|Level 2 cache size ? ||2 x 256 KB|
|Level 3 cache size||3 MB|
|Physical memory||32 GB|
- MMX instructions
- SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
- SSE2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 2
- SSE3 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSSE3 / Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSE4 / SSE4.1 + SSE4.2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 4 ?
- AES / Advanced Encryption Standard instructions
- AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions
- F16C / 16-bit Floating-Point conversion instructions
- EM64T / Extended Memory 64 technology / Intel 64 ?
- NX / XD / Execute disable bit ?
- HT / Hyper-Threading technology ?
- TBT 2.0 / Turbo Boost technology 2.0 ?
- VT-x / Virtualization technology ?
- VT-d / Virtualization for directed I/O
- TXT / Trusted Execution technology
|Low power features||Enhanced SpeedStep technology ? |
|Integrated peripherals / components|
- GPU Type: HD 4000
Base frequency (MHz): 350
Maximum frequency (MHz): 850
- The number of controllers: 1
Memory channels: 2
Supported memory: DDR3-1600, DDR3L-1600
- PCI Express 2.0 interface
- Direct Media Interface 2.0
|Electrical / Thermal parameters|
|Maximum operating temperature ? ||105°C|
|Thermal Design Power ? ||13 Watt|
|Notes on Intel AV8063801378103|
- The processor supports TDP Down feature
- According to Intel specification update the Turbo Boost feature is not available when 2 cores are active
- The processor has 7 Watt Scenario Design Power
Detailed side-by-side comparison
Q: Can I upgrade my Core i5-3439Y processor?
A: No. BGA processors, like this one, are soldered on a board, for that reason upgrading or replacing them is extremely difficult.
Core i5-3439Y Overclocking
Sorry, overclocking information is not available at this time.
Related news stories
Intel launches "Y" series ULV CPUs
Jan 08, 2013
: Yesterday Intel announced availability of ultra low power mobile
products at Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Historically,
Intel's most power efficient mobile processors had 17 Watt TDP, as
compared to 35 Watt or higher for CPUs, used in mainstream laptops.
New "Y" series microprocessors have power consumption lowered to 10
Watt - 13 Watt TDP. If necessary, the processors can be configured to
use as low as 7 Watt, albeit at a reduced performance level.
Intel to launch 10W and 13W Ivy-Bridge processors in Q1 2013
Dec 05, 2012
: Looking at the power requirements of the three last generations of
Intel desktop microprocessors, it's easy to notice that their
dissipated power steadily goes down with each new microarchitecture.
While dual- and quad-core Nehalem CPUs had 73W and 95W/130W TDP,
Sandy Bridge architecture had it lowered to 65W and 95W, which was
again reduced to 55W and 77W for Ivy Bridge. This trend was less
noticeable in mobile microprocessors.