Intel Core i7-2720QM Mobile processor - AV8062700836011
Intel Core i7-2720QM specifications
|Type||CPU / Microprocessor|
|Family||Intel Core i7 Mobile|
|Model number ? ||i7-2720QM|
|CPU part number||AV8062700836011 is an OEM/tray microprocessor|
|Frequency ? ||2200 MHz|
|Turbo frequency||3300 MHz (1 core)|
3200 MHz (2 cores)
3000 MHz (3 or 4 cores)
|Bus speed ? ||5 GT/s DMI|
|Clock multiplier ? ||22|
|Package||1224-ball micro-BGA (BGA1224)|
|Size||1.22" x 0.94" / 3.1cm x 2.4cm|
|Introduction date||Jan 9, 2011|
|End-of-Life date||Last order date is December 19, 2012|
Last shipment date is June 19, 2013
|Price at introduction||$378|
|Architecture / Microarchitecture|
|Processor core ? ||Sandy Bridge|
|Core stepping ? ||D2 (SR00W)|
|Manufacturing process||0.032 micron High-K metal gate process|
|Data width||64 bit|
|The number of cores||4|
|The number of threads||8|
|Floating Point Unit||Integrated|
|Level 1 cache size ? ||4 x 32 KB instruction caches|
4 x 32 KB data caches
|Level 2 cache size ? ||4 x 256 KB|
|Level 3 cache size||6 MB|
|Physical memory||8 GB|
- MMX instructions
- SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
- SSE2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 2
- SSE3 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSSE3 / Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSE4 / SSE4.1 + SSE4.2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 4 ?
- AES / Advanced Encryption Standard instructions
- AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions
- EM64T / Extended Memory 64 technology / Intel 64 ?
- NX / XD / Execute disable bit ?
- HT / Hyper-Threading technology ?
- TBT 2.0 / Turbo Boost technology 2.0 ?
- VT-x / Virtualization technology ?
- VT-d / Virtualization for directed I/O
- TXT / Trusted Execution technology
|Low power features||Enhanced SpeedStep technology ? |
|Integrated peripherals / components|
- GPU Type: HD 3000
Base frequency (MHz): 650
Maximum frequency (MHz): 1300
- The number of controllers: 1
Memory channels: 2
Supported memory: DDR3-1066, DDR3-1333, DDR3-1600
- Direct Media Interface
- PCI Express 2.0 interface
|Electrical / Thermal parameters|
|Maximum operating temperature ? ||100°C|
|Thermal Design Power ? ||45 Watt|
CPUs, related to Intel Core i7-2720QM (BGA)
• Highlighted numbers and features indicate whether specific processor performs better or worse than Core i7-2720QM (BGA)
• Within each category, the CPUs are sorted from slower (at the top) to faster (at the bottom)
• The 'Price' column shows official Intel prices as of Jun 9, 2013. Prices for obsolete and tray-only processors are not provided.
• List of related CPUs is not complete.
• Features abbreviations:
TXT - Trusted Execution
Q: Can I upgrade my i7-2720QM microprocessor?
A: No. Microprocessors like this one are soldered on a board, as a result, upgrading or replacing them is very very difficult.
Intel i7-2720QM Overclocking
Sorry, overclocking information is not available at this time.
Intel discontinues Core i5 and i7 Sandy Bridge CPUs
Aug 14, 2012
: Intel plans to discontinue several Sandy Bridge core i7
microprocessors, including quad-cores for mainstream notebooks, and
a few dual-core CPUs for thin-and-light mobile devices. Affected part
and S-spec numbers, as well as end-of-life dates, were published in a
Product Change Notification, that was released today.
You're welcome to post suggestions, corrections, your own personal
Intel Core i7-2720QM review, or your experience with the microprocessor.
Please do not ask upgrade and troubleshooting questions, and do not start
Find Core i7 Mobile CPUs with: