Intel Core i7-3720QM specifications
|Type||CPU / Microprocessor|
|Family||Intel Core i7 Mobile|
|Model number ? ||i7-3720QM|
|CPU part number||AV8063801013210 is an OEM/tray microprocessor|
|Frequency ? ||2600 MHz|
|Turbo frequency||3600 MHz (1 core)|
3500 MHz (2 cores)
3400 MHz (3 or 4 cores)
|Low power frequency||1200 MHz|
|Bus speed ? ||5 GT/s DMI|
|Clock multiplier ? ||26|
|Package||1224-ball micro-BGA (BGA1224)|
|Size||1.22" x 0.94" / 3.1cm x 2.4cm|
|Introduction date||April 23, 2012 (announcement)|
April 29, 2012 (launch)
|Price at introduction||$378|
|Architecture / Microarchitecture|
|Processor core ? ||Ivy Bridge|
|Core stepping ? ||E1 (SR0MM)|
|Manufacturing process||0.022 micron|
|Data width||64 bit|
|The number of cores||4|
|The number of threads||8|
|Floating Point Unit||Integrated|
|Level 1 cache size ? ||4 x 32 KB instruction caches|
4 x 32 KB data caches
|Level 2 cache size ? ||4 x 256 KB|
|Level 3 cache size||6 MB|
|Physical memory||32 GB|
- MMX instructions
- SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
- SSE2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 2
- SSE3 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSSE3 / Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSE4 / SSE4.1 + SSE4.2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 4 ?
- AES / Advanced Encryption Standard instructions
- AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions
- F16C / 16-bit Floating-Point conversion instructions
- EM64T / Extended Memory 64 technology / Intel 64 ?
- NX / XD / Execute disable bit ?
- HT / Hyper-Threading technology ?
- TBT 2.0 / Turbo Boost technology 2.0 ?
- VT-x / Virtualization technology ?
- VT-d / Virtualization for directed I/O
- TXT / Trusted Execution technology
|Low power features||Enhanced SpeedStep technology ? |
|Integrated peripherals / components|
- GPU Type: HD 4000
Base frequency (MHz): 650
Maximum frequency (MHz): 1250
- The number of controllers: 1
Memory channels: 2
Supported memory: DDR3-1600, DDR3L-1333
- Direct Media Interface
- PCI Express 3.0 interface
|Electrical / Thermal parameters|
|V core ? ||0.8V - 1.25V|
|Maximum operating temperature ? ||105°C|
|Thermal Design Power ? ||45 Watt|
CPUs, related to Intel Core i7-3720QM (BGA)
• Highlighted numbers and features indicate whether specific processor performs better or worse than Core i7-3720QM (BGA)
• Within each category, the CPUs are sorted from slower (at the top) to faster (at the bottom)
• The 'Price' column shows official Intel prices as of Apr 21, 2013. Prices for obsolete and tray-only processors are not provided.
• List of related CPUs is not complete.
• Features abbreviations:
TXT - Trusted Execution
Q: Can I upgrade my Core i7-3720QM microprocessor?
A: No. BGA microprocessors, like this one, are soldered on a board, for that reason upgrading or replacing them is very very difficult.
Intel i7-3720QM Overclocking
Sorry, overclocking information is not available at this time.
Intel discontinues Core i7 mobile processors
Jun 21, 2012
: Intel yesterday published Product Change Notification (PCN), advising
its customer about upcoming discontinuation of several
mobile microprocessors from the second-generation Core i7 family.
Specifically, the company will retire Core i7-2920XM Extreme Edition,
PGA and BGA versions of quad-core i7-2820QM and i7-2720QM CPUs, as
well as dual-core i7-2620M.
You're welcome to post suggestions, corrections, your own personal
Intel Core i7-3720QM review, or your experience with the microprocessor.
Please do not ask upgrade and troubleshooting questions, and do not start