Intel Core i7-4790 specifications
|Type||CPU / Microprocessor|
|Family||Intel Core i7|
|Model number ? ||i7-4790|
|CPU part numbers|
- CM8064601560113 is an OEM/tray microprocessor
- BX80646I74790 is a boxed processor (English version)
- BXC80646I74790 is a boxed processor (Chinese version)
|Frequency ? ||3600 MHz|
|Turbo frequency||4000 MHz|
|Bus speed ? ||5 GT/s DMI|
|Clock multiplier ? ||36|
|Package||1150-land Flip-Chip Land Grid Array|
|Socket||Socket 1150 / H3 / LGA1150|
|Size||1.48" x 1.48" / 3.75cm x 3.75cm|
|Introduction date||May 11, 2014|
|Price at introduction||$303 (OEM)|
|Architecture / Microarchitecture|
|Processor core ? ||Haswell|
|Core stepping ? ||C0 (SR1QF)|
|Manufacturing process||0.022 micron|
|Data width||64 bit|
|The number of cores||4|
|The number of threads||8|
|Floating Point Unit||Integrated|
|Level 1 cache size ? ||4 x 32 KB instruction caches|
4 x 32 KB data caches
|Level 2 cache size ? ||4 x 256 KB|
|Level 3 cache size||8 MB shared cache|
|Physical memory||32 GB|
- MMX instructions
- SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
- SSE2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 2
- SSE3 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSSE3 / Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSE4 / SSE4.1 + SSE4.2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 4 ?
- AES / Advanced Encryption Standard instructions
- AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions
- AVX2 / Advanced Vector Extensions 2.0
- BMI / BMI1 + BMI2 / Bit Manipulation instructions
- F16C / 16-bit Floating-Point conversion instructions
- FMA3 / 3-operand Fused Multiply-Add instructions
- EM64T / Extended Memory 64 technology / Intel 64 ?
- NX / XD / Execute disable bit ?
- HT / Hyper-Threading technology ?
- TBT 2.0 / Turbo Boost technology 2.0 ?
- VT-x / Virtualization technology ?
- VT-d / Virtualization for directed I/O
- TXT / Trusted Execution technology
- TSX / Transactional Synchronization Extensions
|Low power features||Enhanced SpeedStep technology ? |
|Integrated peripherals / components|
- GPU Type: HD 4600
Base frequency (MHz): 350
Maximum frequency (MHz): 1200
The number of supported displays: 3
- The number of controllers: 1
Memory channels: 2
Supported memory: DDR3-1333, DDR3-1600
Maximum memory bandwidth (GB/s): 25.6
- Direct Media Interface 2.0
- PCI Express 3.0 interface
|Electrical / Thermal parameters|
|Maximum operating temperature ? ||72.72°C|
|Thermal Design Power ? ||84 Watt|
|Notes on Intel Core i7-4790|
- The processor has the following security, data protection and/or software features: Intel Secure Key, vPro technology, Identity Protection technology, OS Guard and Anti-Theft technology.
- The CPU is compatible with DirectX 11.1, OpenGL 4.2 and OpenCL 1.2 APIs.
- The graphics unit has the following software features enabled: Intel Quick Sync Video, Wireless Display, Insider, InTru 3D technology and Clear Video HD technology.
Detailed side-by-side comparison
Historical price chart
The chart below shows official prices of Intel Core i7-4770K, i7-4771, i7-4790 and i7-4790K processors:
Q: Is it possible to upgrade my Core i7-4790 processor?
A: Probably yes. CPU compatibility is determined by your motherboard. Please see CPU-Upgrade.com website for CPU support list for your board.
Core i7-4790 Overclocking
Sorry, overclocking information is not available at this time.
Related news stories
Prices of Intel "Haswell Refresh" CPUs
Apr 14, 2014
: Intel today added brief specifications and prices of all "Haswell
Refresh" desktop and mobile microprocessors to the official pricelist.
Built on "Haswell" architecture, upcoming products will not have any
new microarchitecture and power optimizations compared to last year's
products, and their only advantage will be slightly increased clock
speeds. According to known specifications, many "Haswell Refresh" CPUs
will be clocked 100 MHz higher than the Haswell 2013 lineup, which
will result in up to 2% - 5% better performance, much smaller than we
got used to in the past three years.
Intel Haswell Refresh CPUs to launch in May
Apr 12, 2014
this week that Intel Haswell Refresh processors will be available
next month. That information confirms older reports, like the one
published by Hermitage
Akihabara back in March. According to Digitimes, Intel originally planned to
launch microprocessors in April, and follow with the 9-series desktop
in a month. The latest plan is to launch the CPUs together with new
chipset in early May. Hermitage Akihabara provided launch date of May
Clock speeds of Haswell Refresh CPUs confirmed
Apr 02, 2014
: Intel prepares to refresh Haswell desktop processors in the second
and the third quarters of 2014. The "K" CPUs with unlocked multiplier
are expected in Q3, and the microprocessors with locked multiplier
will be released a quarter earlier. It was reported that the non-"K" chips
will run a bit faster than current generation of Haswell
products, and they will be compatible with existing 8-series and future
9-series chipsets. In February we published complete list of Haswell
Refresh processors, that will be launched in Q2.
Pre-order prices of Haswell Refresh desktop CPUs
Mar 02, 2014
: Last year Intel launched first "Haswell" desktop processors, that
boosted performance of the CPU side by up to 10%, and significantly
raised performance of the integrated GPU. This year will be less
exciting as the company does not plan to introduce new desktop
architecture. Instead, Intel will offer products, based on a
year-old Haswell core. Preliminary specs of "Haswell" refresh CPUs
indicate that almost all of them will have 100 MHz higher clock rate
compared to their predecessors.
Some details of "Haswell Refresh" desktop CPUs
Feb 18, 2014
: Next quarter Intel is going to launch a bit faster models of
Haswell-based processors for LGA1150 platform. It is expected that the
company will refresh complete desktop lineup, starting from low cost
Celeron microprocessors and up to premium Core i7 CPUs. All in all,
more than 20 different SKUs will be released. We already reported on
some of these models, but now we have a complete, or almost complete
list of these processors, including their clock speeds.
Intel to refresh Haswell desktop lineup in Q2 2014
Jan 14, 2014
: Rather than transitioning to new architecture this year, Intel
plans to refresh current desktop lineup with slightly faster versions
of Haswell-based CPUs. We already reported on Core i5-4460, i5-4590,
i5-4690 and Core i7-4790 parts, coming in Q2 2014.
to Digitimes, the refresh will not be limited to Core i5 and i7
products, and we will see new Core i3, Pentium and Celerons as well.
Specifications of Haswell Refresh CPUs
Dec 12, 2013
: In the past few years we got accustomed to Intel launching new
microarchitecture each year, using new technologies and
core enhancements, as well as clock speed increases to boost
performance of each new generation of chips. The things will be
slightly different next year, because, with the exception of some
unlocked Broadwell-K models, desktop Intel microprocessors will still
be built on Haswell architecture, and the only new features will be
introduced in 9-series chipsets.