AMD E2-3000 specifications
|Type||CPU / Microprocessor|
|Model number ? ||E2-3000|
|CPU part number|
- EM3000IBJ23HM is an OEM/tray microprocessor
|Frequency ? ||1650 MHz|
|Package||769-ball lidless BGA|
|Size||0.96" x 0.96" / 2.45cm x 2.45cm|
|Introduction date||May 23, 2013|
|Architecture / Microarchitecture|
|Processor core ? ||Kabini|
|Core stepping ? ||KB-A1|
|Manufacturing process||0.028 micron|
|Data width||64 bit|
|The number of cores||2|
|The number of threads||2|
|Floating Point Unit||Integrated|
|Level 1 cache size ? ||2 x 32 KB 2-way set associative instruction caches|
2 x 32 KB 8-way set associative data caches
|Level 2 cache size ? ||1 MB 16-way set associative shared cache|
|Level 3 cache size||None|
- MMX instructions
- Extensions to MMX
- SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
- SSE2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 2
- SSE3 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSSE3 / Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSE4 / SSE4.1 + SSE4.2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 4 ?
- SSE4a ?
- AES / Advanced Encryption Standard instructions
- AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions
- BMI1 / Bit Manipulation instructions 1
- F16C / 16-bit Floating-Point conversion instructions
- AMD64 / AMD 64-bit technology ?
- EVP / Enhanced Virus Protection ?
- VT / Virtualization technology ?
|Low power features|
- C1, CC6 and PC6 processor states
- S3, S4 and S5 sleep states
|Integrated peripherals / components|
- GPU Type: Radeon HD 8280
Shader cores: 128
Base frequency (MHz): 450
- The number of controllers: 1
Memory channels: 1
Supported memory: DDR3-1600, DDR3L-1600
DIMMs per channel: up to 2
Maximum memory bandwidth (GB/s): 12.8
- PCI Express 2.0 interface
- High Definition Audio
- SD controller
- USB 3.0 controller
- Serial ATA 3.0 controller
- LPC bus
- General Purpose I/O
|Electrical / Thermal parameters|
|Maximum operating temperature ? ||90°C|
|Thermal Design Power ? ||15 Watt|
|Notes on AMD E2-3000|
- The processor has the following security, data protection and/or software features: AMD Quick Stream and StartNow technology.
- The CPU is compatible with DirectX 11 API.
- The graphics unit has the following software features enabled: AMD Perfect Picture HD and Steady Video.
 - Information is not confirmed
Detailed side-by-side comparison
Q: I have an AMD E2-3000 CPU. Can I upgrade it?
A: No. Microprocessors like this one are soldered on a board, as a result, upgrading or replacing them is extremely difficult.
Sorry, we do not have overclocking data for the processor at this time.
Related news stories
Details of upcoming AMD "Kabini" APUs
Nov 02, 2013
: In June, AMD leaked model numbers of presumably upcoming mobile
processors in a list of supported products for the Catalyst Windows
8.1 Preview driver. The list mentioned E1-2200, E1-2600, E1-2650,
E2-3100, A4-5100, A4-5150, A6-5250 and A6-5350 Accelerated Processing
Units, based on "Kabini" low-power core. Their features were not known at the
time, but now AMD
details of three APUs from the list. Based on published
information, AMD E1-2200 and A4-5100 are incremental upgrades to
existing E1-2100 and A4-5000 models.
AMD launches Kabini and Temash ULV APUs
May 23, 2013
: AMD today launched ultra-low voltage Accelerated Processing Units, based on Temash and Kabini cores.
New processors are implemented as a System-on-a-Chip (SoC),
and integrate graphics and memory controller units, as well as chipset logic on a single die.
This integration helps to reduce overall system power consumption and the chipset footprint,
which is ideal for small mobile devices, such as
tablets, hybrids, and entry-level ultra-thin notebooks.
Future Kabini APUs spotted in HP 255 laptop
May 11, 2013
: AMD introduced first ultra-low power "Kabini" APUs for
embedded market last month, and is set to launch consumer "Kabini"
products later this quarter. Future ULV processors will employ
"Jaguar" 28nm microarchitecture, and have from 2 to 4 CPU cores, paired with HD 8000
series graphics. Details of specific SKUs were sketchy so far, as we
only knew model numbers, the number of cores and the size of L2 cache.
AMD prepares E1-2100, E1-2500 and E2-3000 "Kabini" APUs
Mar 07, 2013
: Next quarter AMD is going to introduce low-power microarchitecture,
codenamed "Jaguar", that will be used by "Temash" and "Kabini"
products. Temash APUs will target tablet and hybrids market, and
Kabini processors will be aimed at netbooks, ultra-thin notebooks and
AIO computers. Prior reports indicated that Kabini products will be
branded as X2- and X4-Series, based on the number of cores. There will
be also E1-Series SKUs, E1-3310 and E1-2210.