AMD E2-3800 specifications
|Type||CPU / Microprocessor|
|Model number ? ||E2-3800|
|CPU part number|
- EM3800IBJ44HM is an OEM/tray microprocessor
|Frequency ? ||1300 MHz|
|Package||769-ball lidless BGA|
|Size||0.96" x 0.96" / 2.45cm x 2.45cm|
|Introduction date||January 2014|
|Architecture / Microarchitecture|
|Processor core ? ||Kabini|
|Core stepping ? ||KB-A1|
|Manufacturing process||0.028 micron|
|Data width||64 bit|
|The number of cores||4|
|The number of threads||4|
|Floating Point Unit||Integrated|
|Level 1 cache size ? ||4 x 32 KB instruction caches|
4 x 32 KB data caches
|Level 2 cache size ? ||2 MB 16-way set associative shared cache|
|Level 3 cache size||None|
- MMX instructions
- Extensions to MMX
- SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
- SSE2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 2
- SSE3 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSSE3 / Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSE4a ?
- SSE4 / SSE4.1 + SSE4.2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 4 ?
- AES / Advanced Encryption Standard instructions
- AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions
- BMI1 / Bit Manipulation instructions 1
- F16C / 16-bit Floating-Point conversion instructions
- AMD64 / AMD 64-bit technology ?
- EVP / Enhanced Virus Protection ?
- VT / Virtualization technology ?
|Low power features|
- C1, CC6 and PC6 processor states
- S3, S4 and S5 sleep states
|Integrated peripherals / components|
- GPU Type: Radeon HD 8280
Base frequency (MHz): 450
- The number of controllers: 1
Memory channels: 1
Supported memory: DDR3-1600
Maximum memory bandwidth (GB/s): 12.8
- PCI Express 2.0 interface
- High Definition Audio
- SD controller
- USB 3.0 controller
- Serial ATA 3.0 controller
- LPC bus
- General Purpose I/O
|Electrical / Thermal parameters|
|Maximum operating temperature ? ||90°C|
|Thermal Design Power ? ||15 Watt|
|Notes on AMD E2-3800|
- The processor has the following security, data protection and/or software features: AMD Quick Stream and StartNow technology.
- The CPU is compatible with DirectX 11 API.
- The graphics unit has the following software features enabled: AMD Perfect Picture HD and Steady Video.
 - Information is not confirmed
Detailed side-by-side comparison
Q: I have an AMD E2-3800 CPU. Can I upgrade it?
A: No. Processors like this one are soldered on a board, for that reason upgrading or replacing them is very very difficult.
Sorry, overclocking information is not available at this time.
Related news stories
AMD E1-2150 and A4-5050 "Kabini" APUs spotted
Feb 04, 2014
: In January AMD added to their product database three "Kabini" systems
on a chip (SoC), including dual-core E1-2200, together with quad-core
E2-3800 and A4-5100. One of these processors, the E2-3800, is now
shipped in HP Pavilion 23-g010 All-in-One PC, which is offered through
the HP online store. The E2-3800 is also referenced in specifications
of HP 245 G2 and HP 255 G2 HP notebooks. Perhaps, more interesting is
the fact that that the specs
mention (PDF file) two unreleased models, an E1-2150 and an A4-5050.
New AMD "Kabini" systems on a chip are on the way
Jan 04, 2014
: This week AMD added specifications of several Kabini systems on a chip
to their product database, which usually means that the processors were either
launched, or are about to be launched in the near future. New chips are A4-5100, E1-2200
and E2-3800 low-power "Kabini" APUs for tablets, hybrids and entry-level
notebooks. The E1-2200 and A4-5100 SoCs are 50 MHz faster versions of
existing E1-2100 and A4-5000.
Details of upcoming AMD "Kabini" APUs
Nov 02, 2013
: In June, AMD leaked model numbers of presumably upcoming mobile
processors in a list of supported products for the Catalyst Windows
8.1 Preview driver. The list mentioned E1-2200, E1-2600, E1-2650,
E2-3100, A4-5100, A4-5150, A6-5250 and A6-5350 Accelerated Processing
Units, based on "Kabini" low-power core. Their features were not known at the
time, but now AMD
details of three APUs from the list. Based on published
information, AMD E1-2200 and A4-5100 are incremental upgrades to
existing E1-2100 and A4-5000 models.