AMD Athlon II X3 425e - AD425EHDK32GM / AD425EHDGMBOX
AMD Athlon II X3 425e specifications
|Type||CPU / Microprocessor|
|Family||AMD Athlon II X3|
|Model number ? ||425e|
|CPU part numbers||AD425EHDK32GM is an OEM/tray microprocessor|
AD425EHDGMBOX is a boxed microprocessor
|Stepping codes||AADIC AD NADIC AD|
|Frequency ? ||2700 MHz|
|Bus speed ? ||667 MHz Memory controller|
One 2000 MHz 16-bit HyperTransport link
|Clock multiplier ? ||13.5|
|Package||938-pin organic micro-PGA|
|Introduction date||May 3, 2011|
|Architecture / Microarchitecture|
|Processor core ? ||Rana|
|Core stepping ? ||C3|
|Manufacturing process||0.045 micron SOI|
|Data width||64 bit|
|The number of cores||3|
|The number of threads||3|
|Floating Point Unit||Integrated|
|Level 1 cache size ? ||3 x 64 KB instruction caches|
3 x 64 KB data caches
|Level 2 cache size ? ||3 x 512 KB caches|
|Level 3 cache size||None|
- MMX instructions
- 3DNow! technology
- SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
- SSE2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 2
- SSE3 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSE4a ?
- ABM / Advanced Bit Manipulation ?
- AMD64 / AMD 64-bit technology ?
- AMD-V / AMD Virtualization technology
- EVP / Enhanced Virus Protection ?
|Low power features|
- Cool'n'Quiet 3.0
- CoolCore Technology ?
- Dual Dynamic Power Management ?
- Core C1 and C1E states
- Package S0, S1, S3, S4 and S5 states
- Integrated 144-bit DDR2/DDR3 Memory Controller
- HyperTransport 3 technology
|Electrical / Thermal parameters|
|Thermal Design Power ? ||45 Watt|
CPUs, related to AMD Athlon II X3 425e
• Highlighted numbers and features indicate whether specific processor performs better or worse than Athlon II X3 425e
• Within each category, the CPUs are sorted from slower (at the top) to faster (at the bottom)
• The 'Price' column shows official AMD prices as of Apr 29, 2013. Prices for obsolete and tray-only processors are not provided.
• List of related CPUs is not complete.
• Features abbreviations:
Unlock - Unlocked multiplier
Q: Can I upgrade my Athlon II X3 425e microprocessor?
A: Probably yes. CPU compatibility is determined by your motherboard. Please check CPU-Upgrade.com resource for CPU support list for your board.
AMD 425e Overclocking
Sorry, overclocking information is not available at this time.
May 2011 launch of desktop CPUs: one month later
Jun 03, 2011
: Exactly one month ago, on May 3, AMD launched a few speed bump
versions of Athlon II and Phenom II microprocessors. Reviews of the
flagship quad-core Phenom II 980 model were posted all over the net,
and it was added to official pricelist along with Athlon II X3 460.
Specifications of three additional processors, Athlon II X3 425e,
Athlon II X4 620e, and Phenom II X2 570, were posted on AMD website.
Overall, the launch of 5 new chips seemed like a newsworthy event,
expect that the processors never made it to the stores.
AMD launches new Athlon II and Phenom II CPUs
May 03, 2011
: Today, AMD launched several microprocessors from Athlon II and
Phenom II series, including a couple of energy-efficient models. Newly
released Phenom II CPUs are dual-core X2 570 and quad-core
X4 980. New Athlon IIs are standard voltage X3 460, and
low-power X3 425e and X4 620e.
You're welcome to post suggestions, corrections, your own personal
AMD Athlon II X3 425e review, or your experience with the microprocessor.
Please do not ask upgrade and troubleshooting questions, and do not start
Find Athlon II X3 CPUs with: