AMD Athlon II X4 650 - ADX650WFK42GM / ADX650WFGMBOX
AMD Athlon II X4 650 specifications
|Type||CPU / Microprocessor|
|Family||AMD Athlon II X4|
|Model number ? ||650|
|CPU part numbers||ADX650WFK42GM is an OEM/tray microprocessor|
ADX650WFGMBOX is a boxed microprocessor
|Stepping code||NADIC AD|
|Frequency ? ||3200 MHz|
|Bus speed ? ||667 MHz Memory controller|
One 2000 MHz 16-bit HyperTransport link
|Clock multiplier ? ||16|
|Package||938-pin organic micro-PGA|
|Introduction date||2nd quarter 2011|
|Architecture / Microarchitecture|
|Processor core ? ||Propus|
|Core stepping ? ||C3|
|Manufacturing process||0.045 micron SOI|
|Data width||64 bit|
|The number of cores||4|
|The number of threads||4|
|Floating Point Unit||Integrated|
|Level 1 cache size ? ||4 x 64 KB instruction caches|
4 x 64 KB data caches
|Level 2 cache size ? ||4 x 512 KB caches|
|Level 3 cache size||None|
- MMX instructions
- 3DNow! technology
- SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
- SSE2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 2
- SSE3 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSE4a ?
- ABM / Advanced Bit Manipulation ?
- AMD64 / AMD 64-bit technology ?
- AMD-V / AMD Virtualization technology
- EVP / Enhanced Virus Protection ?
|Low power features|
- Cool'n'Quiet 3.0
- CoolCore Technology ?
- Dual Dynamic Power Management ?
- Core C1 and C1E states
- Package S0, S1, S3, S4 and S5 states
- Integrated 144-bit DDR2/DDR3 Memory Controller
- HyperTransport 3 technology
|Electrical / Thermal parameters|
|Thermal Design Power ? ||95 Watt|
CPUs, related to AMD Athlon II X4 650
• Highlighted numbers and features indicate whether specific processor performs better or worse than Athlon II X4 650
• Within each category, the CPUs are sorted from slower (at the top) to faster (at the bottom)
• The 'Price' column shows official AMD prices as of Apr 29, 2013. Prices for obsolete and tray-only processors are not provided.
• List of related CPUs is not complete.
• Features abbreviations:
Unlock - Unlocked multiplier
Q: Is it possible to upgrade my AMD Athlon II X4 650 processor?
A: Probably yes. CPU compatibility is determined by your motherboard. Please check CPU-Upgrade.com website for CPU support list for your board.
AMD Athlon II X4 650 Overclocking
Sorry, overclocking information is not available at this time.
AMD Athlon II 270 and Phenom II 850 are available for pre-order
Jul 13, 2011
: The last refresh of Athlon II and Phenom II families in May of
this year included several speed-bump processors, and the most notable
among them being the fastest AMD x86 chip, Phenom II X4 980.
That socket AM3 line-up refresh didn't include a few SKUs, such as
Athlon II 270 an 650, and Phenom II 850, that were expected to launch
in the second quarter. Based on Athlon II and Phenom II product
specifications, published on AMD website,
we can conclude that these three microprocessors were launched.
New AMD CPUs for Q2 2011
Apr 27, 2011
: In the past few weeks there were several reports of upcoming Phenom II
microprocessors, including quad-core 850 and 980 models, and dual-core
570. Today AMD published desktop processor roadmap for the second quarter
of this year, which confirms imminent launch of these CPUs, and also
shows a few soon to be released Athlon II SKUs.
Biostar listed Phenom II X6 1045T and three new Athlon II CPUs
Aug 20, 2010
: Biostar updated CPU support information on their website, adding
hexa-core Phenom II 1045T, which, according to Fudzilla,
will be launched in this quarter. Biostar also listed three future
Athlon II microprocessors - dual-core 270, triple-core 455, and
You're welcome to post suggestions, corrections, your own personal
AMD Athlon II X4 650 review, or your experience with the microprocessor.
Please do not ask upgrade and troubleshooting questions, and do not start
Find Athlon II X4 CPUs with: