AMD Opteron 4170 HE specifications
|Type||CPU / Microprocessor|
|Family||AMD Opteron 4100 series|
|Model number ? ||4170 HE|
|CPU part numbers||OS4170OFU6DGO is an OEM/tray microprocessor|
OS4170OFU6DGOWOF is a boxed microprocessor
|Stepping code||CCAFD CA|
|Frequency ? ||2100 MHz|
|Bus speed ? ||2200 MHz (integrated memory controller)|
3200 MHz (HyperTransport links)
|Package||1207-land organic Land Grid Array (OLGA)|
|AMD Package number||30602|
|Introduction date||June 23, 2010|
|Price at introduction||$174|
|Architecture / Microarchitecture|
|Processor core ? ||Lisbon|
|Core stepping ? ||D1|
|Manufacturing process||0.045 micron|
|Data width||64 bit|
|The number of cores||6|
|The number of threads||6|
|Floating Point Unit||Integrated|
|Level 1 cache size ? ||6 x 64 KB instruction caches|
6 x 64 KB data caches
|Level 2 cache size ? ||6 x 512 KB|
|Level 3 cache size||6 MB|
|Multiprocessing||Up to 2 processors|
- MMX instructions
- 3DNow! technology
- SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
- SSE2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 2
- SSE3 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSE4a ?
- ABM / Advanced Bit Manipulation ?
- AMD64 / AMD 64-bit technology ?
- AMD-V 2.0 (virtualization) technology:
- I/O Virtualization
- Tagged TLB
- Extended Migration
- EVP / Enhanced Virus Protection ?
|Low power features|
- AMD-P 2.0:
- Advanced Platform Management Link
- CoolSpeed technology
- C1E state
- Low Voltage DDR3 memory support
- Link Width power cap
- CoolCore technology ?
- Integrated dual-channel LV-DDR3/DDR3 SDRAM Memory controller
- HyperTransport 3.0 technology with HT Assist and 3 HT links (one link is disabled)
|Electrical / Thermal parameters|
|V core ? ||1.1875V|
|Minimum operating temperature||0°C|
|Maximum operating temperature ? ||55°C - 70°C|
|Maximum power dissipation ? ||78 Watt|
|Average CPU Power||50 Watt|
|Thermal Design Power ? ||65 Watt|
|Notes on AMD OS4170OFU6DGO|
- OS4170OFU6DGOWOF does not include fan/heatsink
CPUs, related to AMD Opteron 4170 HE
• Within each category, the CPUs are sorted from slower (at the top) to faster (at the bottom)
• The 'Price' column shows official AMD prices as of Oct 28, 2013. Prices for obsolete and tray-only processors are not provided.
Q: I have an AMD Opteron 4170 HE CPU. Is it possible to upgrade it?
A: Probably yes. Processor compatibility is determined by your motherboard. Please see CPU-Upgrade.com resource for CPU support list for your board.
AMD 4170 HE Overclocking
Sorry, overclocking information is not available at this time.
AMD introduces Opteron 4100-series microprocessors
Jun 23, 2010
: Today AMD introduced Opteron 4000-series platform, codenamed "San
Marino". As part of this platform, AMD launched 9 new standard-, mid-
and low-power Opteron 4100 CPUs.
Prices for Opteron 4100-series CPUs spotted
Jun 18, 2010
: A few online stores posted prices and part numbers for upcoming
Opteron 4100-series microprocessors. The 4100 processors, part of "San
Marino" platform, are designed to be used in uni- and dual-processor
servers and workstations, and have either 4 or 6 cores.
You're welcome to post suggestions, corrections, your own personal
AMD Opteron 4170 HE review, or your experience with the microprocessor.
Please do not ask upgrade and troubleshooting questions, and do not start