AMD Opteron 6180 SE - OS6180YETCEGO
AMD Opteron 6180 SE specifications
|Type||CPU / Microprocessor|
|Family||AMD Opteron 6100 series|
|Model number ? ||6180 SE|
|CPU part number||OS6180YETCEGO is an OEM/tray microprocessor|
|Stepping code||CCAFD CA|
|Frequency ? ||2500 MHz|
|Bus speed ? ||3200 MHz (HyperTransport links)|
|Package||1944-land organic LGA|
|AMD Package number||30420|
|Introduction date||Feb 14, 2011|
|Price at introduction||$1514|
|Architecture / Microarchitecture|
|Processor core ? ||Magny-Cours|
|Core stepping ? ||D1|
|Manufacturing process||0.045 micron SOI|
|Data width||64 bit|
|The number of cores||12|
|The number of threads||12|
|Floating Point Unit||Integrated|
|Level 1 cache size ? ||12 x 64 KB instruction caches|
12 x 64 KB data caches
|Level 2 cache size ? ||12 x 512 KB|
|Level 3 cache size||2 x 6 MB|
|Multiprocessing||Up to 4 processors|
- MMX instructions
- 3DNow! technology
- SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
- SSE2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 2
- SSE3 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSE4a ?
- ABM / Advanced Bit Manipulation ?
- AMD64 / AMD 64-bit technology ?
- AMD-V 2.0 (virtualization) technology:
- Tagged TLB
- I/O Virtualization
- Extended Migration
- EVP / Enhanced Virus Protection ?
|Low power features||AMD-P 2.0: |
- Advanced Platform Management Link
- CoolSpeed Technology
- C1E state
- Low Voltage DDR3 memory support
- Integrated quad-channel DDR3 SDRAM Memory controller
- HyperTransport 3.0 technology with HT Assist and 4 HT links
|Electrical / Thermal parameters|
|V core ? ||1.25V|
|Maximum operating temperature ? ||55°C - 64°C|
|Average CPU Power||105 Watt|
|Thermal Design Power ? ||140 Watt|
|Notes on AMD OS6180YETCEGO|
- Die size is per die. The package includes two dies
- Memory controller supports memory up to DDR2-1066 and DDR3-1333, up to 3 DIMMs per channel
- Memory controller speed is 1800 MHz
CPUs, related to AMD Opteron 6180 SE
• Within each category, the CPUs are sorted from slower (at the top) to faster (at the bottom)
• The 'Price' column shows official AMD prices as of Apr 29, 2013. Prices for obsolete and tray-only processors are not provided.
Q: Can I upgrade my AMD 6180 SE microprocessor?
A: Probably yes. Processor compatibility is determined by your motherboard. Please see CPU-Upgrade.com resource for CPU support list for your board.
AMD 6180 SE Overclocking
Sorry, overclocking information is not available at this time.
AMD refreshes Opteron 6100 CPU lineup
Feb 13, 2011
: Earlier today, AMD updated price list and specifications of Opteron
6100 family, adding 5 new modes. Although information about these
processors appeared on Sunday, officially the microprocessors will be
released on Monday, February 14. AMD pits Opteron 6100 series
(codenamed Magny Cours) against Intel Xeon 5600 and 7500/6500-series.
As you may know, new Xeon 5600 models are expected to launch on
Monday, therefore the timing of Opteron 6100 refresh does not look
AMD prepares new Opteron 6100 models
Oct 28, 2010
: AMD has 5 new Opteron 6100-series high-, standard- and mid-power
microprocessors in the works. Two models come with 8 cores, and
remaining three models have 12 CPU cores. All new processors
are designed to work in socket G34.
You're welcome to post suggestions, corrections, your own personal
AMD Opteron 6180 SE review, or your experience with the microprocessor.
Please do not ask upgrade and troubleshooting questions, and do not start
Find Opteron 6100 series CPUs with: