Intel Xeon E3-1284L v3 specifications
|Type||CPU / Microprocessor|
|Family||Intel Xeon E3-1200 v3|
|Model number ? ||E3-1284L v3|
|CPU part number|
- E3-1284L v3 is an OEM/tray microprocessor
|Frequency ? ||1800 MHz|
|Turbo frequency||3200 MHz|
|Bus speed ? ||5 GT/s DMI|
|Package||1364-ball micro-FCBGA package (FCBGA1364)|
|Size||1.48" x 1.26" / 3.75cm x 3.2cm|
|Introduction date||February 2014|
|Architecture / Microarchitecture|
|Processor core ? ||Crystal Well|
|Manufacturing process||0.022 micron|
|Data width||64 bit|
|The number of cores||4|
|The number of threads||8|
|Floating Point Unit||Integrated|
|Level 1 cache size ? ||4 x 32 KB instruction caches|
4 x 32 KB data caches
|Level 2 cache size ? ||4 x 256 KB|
|Level 3 cache size||6 MB shared cache|
|Physical memory||32 GB|
- MMX instructions
- SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
- SSE2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 2
- SSE3 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSSE3 / Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSE4 / SSE4.1 + SSE4.2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 4 ?
- AES / Advanced Encryption Standard instructions
- AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions
- AVX2 / Advanced Vector Extensions 2.0
- BMI / BMI1 + BMI2 / Bit Manipulation instructions
- F16C / 16-bit Floating-Point conversion instructions
- FMA3 / 3-operand Fused Multiply-Add instructions
- TSX / Transactional Synchronization Extensions
- EM64T / Extended Memory 64 technology / Intel 64 ?
- NX / XD / Execute disable bit ?
- HT / Hyper-Threading technology ?
- TBT 2.0 / Turbo Boost technology 2.0 ?
- VT-x / Virtualization technology ?
- VT-d / Virtualization for directed I/O
- TXT / Trusted Execution technology
|Low power features||Enhanced SpeedStep technology ? |
|Integrated peripherals / components|
- GPU Type: Iris Pro 5200
Base frequency (MHz): 750
Maximum frequency (MHz): 1000
- The number of controllers: 1
Memory channels: 2
Supported memory: DDR3L-1333, DDR3L-1600
Maximum memory bandwidth (GB/s): 25.6
ECC supported: Yes
- Direct Media Interface 2.0
- PCI Express 3.0 interface
|Electrical / Thermal parameters|
|Maximum operating temperature ? ||100°C|
|Thermal Design Power ? ||47 Watt|
Detailed side-by-side comparison
Q: Can I upgrade my Intel E3-1284L v3 processor?
A: No. BGA processors, like this one, are soldered on a board, as a result, upgrading or replacing them is extremely difficult.
Xeon E3-1284L v3 Overclocking
Sorry, we do not have overclocking data for the microprocessor at this time.
Related news stories
Xeon E3-1200 v3 "Crystal Well" CPUs to ship in Citrix and HP servers
May 09, 2014
: Earlier this week at the Citrix Synergy event, Citrix and Intel
previewed the first server that provides client virtualization, and
offers remote 3D graphics and video capabilities. The new server
solution will be based on Xeon E3-1200 v3 "Crystal Well" processor,
utilizing Iris Pro graphics. Hewlett Packard also added support for
"Crystal Well" Xeons to the HP Moonshot servers.
Intel quietly releases two Xeon processors
Feb 22, 2014
: Intel this week announced Xeon E7 v2 processors, boasting new
architecture and manufacturing process, as well as quite a few new
features, that greatly enhance their performance. The best performing
chip in the E7 v2 lineup is a Xeon E7-8890 v2, which has 15 cores,
37.5 MB L3 cache, and 2.8 GHz base clock. The CPU supports Turbo Boost
technology, that can "overclock" it up to 3.4 GHz. However, there was
faster unannounced E7-8895 v2 SKU launched this week, that has all the features of
the E7-8890 v2, with the exception of 200 MHz higher Turbo Boost