Intel Xeon E5-2643 - CM8062107185605
Intel Xeon E5-2643 specifications
|Type||CPU / Microprocessor|
|Family||Intel Xeon E5-2600|
|Model number ? ||E5-2643|
|CPU part number||CM8062107185605 is an OEM/tray microprocessor|
|Frequency ? ||3300 MHz|
|Turbo frequency||3500 MHz (1 or 2 cores)|
3400 MHz (3 or 4 cores)
|Bus speed ? ||8 GT/s QPI (4000 MHz)|
5 GT/s DMI
|Clock multiplier ? ||33|
|Package||2011-land Flip-Chip Land Grid Array|
|Socket||Socket 2011 / LGA2011|
|Size||2.07" x 1.77" / 5.25cm x 4.5cm|
|Introduction date||March 6, 2012|
|Price at introduction||$885|
|Architecture / Microarchitecture|
|Processor core ? ||Sandy Bridge-EP|
|Core steppings ? ||M0 (QBLU)|
M1 (QBW6, SR0L7)
206D7 (QBW6, SR0L7)
|Manufacturing process||0.032 micron Hi-K metal gate process|
|Data width||64 bit|
|The number of cores||4|
|The number of threads||8|
|Floating Point Unit||Integrated|
|Level 1 cache size ? ||4 x 32 KB instruction caches|
4 x 32 KB data caches
|Level 2 cache size ? ||4 x 256 KB|
|Level 3 cache size||10 MB|
|Physical memory||750 GB|
|Multiprocessing||Up to 2 processors|
- MMX instructions
- SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
- SSE2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 2
- SSE3 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSSE3 / Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSE4 / SSE4.1 + SSE4.2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 4 ?
- AES / Advanced Encryption Standard instructions
- AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions
- EM64T / Extended Memory 64 technology / Intel 64 ?
- NX / XD / Execute disable bit ?
- HT / Hyper-Threading technology ?
- VT-x / Virtualization technology ?
- VT-d / Virtualization for directed I/O
- TBT 2.0 / Turbo Boost technology 2.0 ?
- TXT / Trusted Execution technology
|Low power features||Enhanced SpeedStep technology ? |
|Integrated peripherals / components|
- The number of controllers: 1
Memory channels: 4
Supported memory: DDR3
- Direct Media Interface
- Quick Path Interconnect (2 links)
- PCI Express 3.0 interface
|Electrical / Thermal parameters|
|V core ? ||0.6V - 1.35V|
|Maximum operating temperature ? ||73°C|
|Thermal Design Power ? ||130 Watt|
|Notes on Intel CM8062107185605|
- Memory controller supports DDR3-800, DDR3-1066, DDR3-1333 and DDR3-1600 memory
- ECC memory is supported
CPUs, related to Intel Xeon E5-2643
• Highlighted numbers and features indicate whether specific processor performs better or worse than the Xeon E5-2643
• Within each category, the CPUs are sorted from slower (at the top) to faster (at the bottom)
• The 'Price' column shows official Intel prices as of Jun 17, 2013. Prices for obsolete and tray-only processors are not provided.
• List of related CPUs is not complete.
• Features abbreviations:
HT - Hyper-Threading
Q: I have an Intel Xeon E5-2643 CPU. Is it possible to upgrade it?
A: Probably yes. Processor compatibility is determined by your motherboard. Please check CPU-Upgrade.com resource for CPU support list for your board.
Intel E5-2643 Overclocking
Sorry, overclocking information is not available at this time.
Intel rolls out Xeon E5-1600 and E5-2600 CPUs
Mar 07, 2012
: Intel yesterday introduced Romley server platform for single- and
dual-socket workstations and servers. The platform is going to replace
Tylersburg platform with Xeon 5600 series processors, that were on the
market since March 2010. Yesterday's launch included C600 series
"Patsburg" chipset, and Xeon E5-1600 or E5-2600
chips, based on "Sandy Bridge-EP" core, and utilizing socket R (socket
2011). More Xeon E5 microprocessors are expected in the second
quarter, when the Romley platform will be expanded with E5-2400 and
Prices of Xeon E5-2600-series CPUs
Oct 27, 2011
: In the first half of 2012 Intel will introduce Xeon E5 server chips
for single-, dual-core and quad-processor servers. The first two E5
families, coming in Q1 2012, are E5-1600 and E5-2600 series for socket
2011 platform. We already published CPU line-ups for both E5
subfamilies, and we reported on Xeon E5-1600 launch prices. We
also recently learned about Xeon E5-2600 prices.
Launch schedule of Intel Xeon E5 microprocessors
Oct 10, 2011
: Last week there were plenty of news stories regarding soon to be
released AMD server microprocessors, built on "Bulldozer"
micro-architecture. As you may know, Intel also planned to introduce
new server processors, branded as Xeon E5, in the fourth quarter.
In September, during Intel Developer Forum event in San Francisco, new
information came to light implying that Xeon E5 launch is postponed
until the first quarter 2012.
Intel to launch Xeon E5-2600 series in Q4 2011
Aug 26, 2011
: In July we disclosed details of Xeon E5-1600 family of server-class
microprocessors, designed for one-way servers and high-performance
workstations. Processors from this family are part of Romley-WS
platform, which is coming in the next quarter. The CPUs are based on
32nm Sandy Bridge-EP core, and they utilize socket R (socket 2011).
Also in the 4th quarter, Intel will launch Romley-EP dual-socket
platform, consisting of 17 different E5-2600 models and C600-series chipset.
You're welcome to post suggestions, corrections, your own personal
Intel Xeon E5-2643 review, or your experience with the microprocessor.
Please do not ask upgrade and troubleshooting questions, and do not start