Intel Xeon E7-8850 v2 specifications
|Type||CPU / Microprocessor|
|Family||Intel Xeon E7-8800 v2|
|Model number ? ||E7-8850 v2|
|CPU part number|
- CM8063601272306 is an OEM/tray microprocessor
|Frequency ? ||2300 MHz|
|Turbo frequency||2800 MHz|
|Bus speed ? ||7.2 GT/s QPI (3600 MHz)|
|Clock multiplier ? ||23|
|Package||2011-land Flip-Chip Land Grid Array|
|Socket||Socket 2011-1 / R1 / LGA2011-1|
|Size||2.05" x 1.77" / 5.2cm x 4.5cm|
|Introduction date||February 18, 2014|
|Price at introduction||$3059|
|Architecture / Microarchitecture|
|Processor core ? ||Ivy Bridge-EX|
|Core stepping ? ||D1 (SR1GK)|
|Manufacturing process||0.022 micron|
|Data width||64 bit|
|The number of cores||12|
|The number of threads||24|
|Floating Point Unit||Integrated|
|Level 1 cache size ? ||12 x 32 KB instruction caches|
12 x 32 KB data caches
|Level 2 cache size ? ||12 x 256 KB|
|Level 3 cache size||24 MB|
|Physical memory||768 GB (per CPU)|
|Multiprocessing||Up to 8 processors|
- MMX instructions
- SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
- SSE2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 2
- SSE3 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSSE3 / Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
- SSE4 / SSE4.1 + SSE4.2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 4 ?
- AES / Advanced Encryption Standard instructions
- AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions
- EM64T / Extended Memory 64 technology / Intel 64 ?
- NX / XD / Execute disable bit ?
- HT / Hyper-Threading technology ?
- VT-x / Virtualization technology ?
- VT-d / Virtualization for directed I/O
- TBT 2.0 / Turbo Boost technology 2.0 ?
- TXT / Trusted Execution technology
|Low power features|
- C1, C3 and C6 states
- Enhanced SpeedStep technology ?
|Integrated peripherals / components|
- The number of controllers: 1
Memory channels: 4
Supported memory: DDR3-1066, DDR3-1333, DDR3-1600
DIMMs per channel: 6
Maximum memory bandwidth (GB/s): 68
ECC supported: Yes
- Direct Media Interface 2.0
- Quick Path Interconnect v1.1 (3 links)
- PCI Express 3.0 interface
|Electrical / Thermal parameters|
|Maximum operating temperature ? ||68°C|
|Thermal Design Power ? ||105 Watt|
|Notes on Intel Xeon E7-8850 v2|
- The processor has the following security, data protection and/or software features: Secure Key.
Detailed side-by-side comparison
Historical price chart
The chart below shows official prices of Intel Xeon E7-8850 v2 and E7-8857 v2 processors:
Xeon E7-8850 v2 Overclocking
Sorry, we do not have overclocking data for the microprocessor at this time.
Related news stories
Intel releases Xeon E7 v2 server CPUs
Feb 21, 2014
: Intel this week launched the second generation of Xeon E7
microprocessors for mission critical applications and big data
computing. Branded as Xeon E7-2800 v2, E7-4800 v2 and E7-8800 v2, the
CPUs provide up to 50% more cores, up to 25% more cache, up to 4x
times of I/O bandwidth, and up to 3x times of supported RAM than the
first generation of Xeon E7 products. These improvements, combined
with microarchitecture enhancements, allow Xeon E7 v2s to perform up
to 2 times faster than their predecessors.
Specifications of Xeon E7 v2 processors
Feb 02, 2014
: In October of last year we reported on new Xeon E7-2800 v2, E7-4800
v2 and E7-8800 v2 CPUs, expected to launch this quarter. The
processors will utilize Ivy Bridge architecture, and will have 50%
more cores and 25% more cache than the first generation of Xeon E7
products, that were built on Nehalem architecture. In total, there
will be 21 different models. Using multiple sources, like
one (PD file), we were able to come up with specifications for
most of these processors.
Intel Xeon E7 SKUs to launch in Q1 2014
Oct 21, 2013
: Earlier this month we published some details on Intel Xeon E7
microprocessors, coming in Q1 2014. The processors for 2-way, 4-way
and 8-way systems will be branded as Xeon E7-2800 v2, E7-4800 v2 and
E7-8800 v2, and will be built on Ivy Bridge microarchitecture. Besides
new architecture, the CPU will feature up to 15 cores, up to 37.5 MB
of last level cache, and support for larger amounts of physical memory. They will also
add DMI 2.0 and PCI-Express 3.0 interfaces.