Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 (Socket P) vs Core i5-3210M (BGA)
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 (Socket P) advantages
- The processor utilizes Socket P. The CPU can be easily removed from the socket for upgrade or replacement.
Intel Core i5-3210M (BGA) advantages
- One of the distinctive features of the microprocessor is Hyper-Threading technology, which doubles the number of threads that the processor can process simultaneously.
- Operating frequency of the CPU is higher than the frequency of the Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 microprocessor.
- The Intel i5-3210M CPU has SSE4.2 instructions.
- This processor supports AES technology, used to accelerate AES encryption and decryption. The instructions are valuable if you run applications, that secure your disk or network data.
- The Intel Core i5-3210M includes AVX and F16C instructions. Although these extensions are not extensively supported by programs yet, their support should improve in future applications.
- In addition to 2 CPU cores, the microprocessor incorporates HD 4000 graphics unit. This GPU can be used for casual gaming and 3D apps.
T8300 vs i5-3210M specifications comparison
The graphs below compare the most important i5-3210M and Intel T8300 characteristics. These features, along with an IPC (instructions per cycle) number, determine how well a processor performs. The "Number of cores / threads" graph shows the number of cores (darker area). Lighter area on the graph corresponds to the number of extra threads, offered by Hyper-Threading technology. The "Operating frequency" chart uses dark color to represent base frequency, whereas lighter area is for additional frequency, provided by Turbo feature. Darker area on the "On-chip cache" graph is for the On-chip L2 cache. Lighter area is for the L3 cache cache. While the L3 cache cache is usually larger than the On-chip L2 cache, it is always slower.
The number of cores / threads
Higher is better
Higher is better
On-chip L2 + L3 cache
Higher is better
Thermal Design Power
Lower is better
- Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 (Socket P) - Intel Core i5-3210M (BGA)
Detailed side by side comparison of Intel T8300 vs Intel i5-3210M specs can be found in the "Specifications" tab.
Pros and Cons summary
|Core 2 Duo T8300 (Socket P)|| ||Core i5-3210M (BGA)|
Can be upgraded
Executes more simultaneous threads,
Base frequency is higher,
Features SSE4.2 / AVX / F16C instructions,
Integrates HD 4000 graphics
Does not support as many threads,
Base frequency is lower,
Lacks some instructions,
No on-chip GPU
Not possible to upgrade ot replace
Similar microprocessors use the same socket and architecture as Core 2 Duo T8300 (Socket P) and i5-3210M.
Please visit Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 (Socket P) and Intel Core i5-3210M (BGA) pages for more complete specifications of both microprocessors.
| ||Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 (Socket P)||Intel Core i5-3210M (BGA)|
|Family||Core 2 Duo Mobile||Core i5 Mobile|
|CPU part number||FF80577GG0563M||AV8063801032502|
|Box part number||BX80577T8300|| |
|Introduction date||January 7, 2008||June 3, 2012|
|Core name||Penryn||Ivy Bridge|
|Platform name||Santa Rosa; Santa Rosa Refresh|| |
|Data width (bits)||64|
|Turbo Frequency (MHz)|| ||3100 / 2900|
|Bus speed (MHz)||800|| |
|L1 cache||64 KB (code) / 64 KB (data)|
|L2 cache (KB)||3072||512|
|L3 cache (KB)|| ||3072|
|Max temperature (°C)||105|
|Max power dissipation (Watt)||53.89|| |
|Core voltage (V)||1 - 1.25|| |
|Instruction set extensions|
|AES / Advanced Encryption Standard||-||+|
|AMD64 / EM64T 64-bit technology||+|
|AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions||-||+|
|F16C / 16-bit Floating-Point conversion||-||+|
|SSSE3 / Supplemental SSE3||+|
|PowerNow! / Enhanced SpeedStep||+|
|Turbo Core / Turbo Boost||+|
|Virus Protection / Execute Disable bit||+|
|GPU Type||None||HD 4000|
|Integrated Memory Controller(s)|
|The number of controllers||0||1|
Rows with different specifications or features are highlighted.
For detailed specifications of "Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 (Socket P)" or "Intel Core i5-3210M (BGA)" parts please click on the links in the table header.
Compare Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 (Socket P) with...
Compare Intel Core i5-3210M (BGA) with...
Note: To see differences with any CPU, type in
any combination of the following into the "Any CPU" field: manufacturer name,
full or partial family name, model number, part number, core name,
socket name, operating frequency, bus speed (must have FSB suffix),
and the last level cache. Here are some valid searches:
Intel Celeron 2 GHz
Pentium 4 800FSB
AMD 3.3GHz 8MB