Intel Core i7-2600 advantages
- One of the distinctive features of this CPU is Hyper-Threading technology. The Hyper-Threading doubles the number of threads that the processor can run simultaneously.
- Operating frequency of the microprocessor is higher than the frequency of the Xeon X3430.
- The i7-2600 includes AES, or Advanced Encryption Standard, extension to the instruction set. This technology provides hardware acceleration of AES encryption and decryption, and is beneficial if you need to secure your disk or network data.
- The processor has AVX instructions. These extensions are not widely supported by programs yet, however their support should improve in future apps.
- The microprocessor comes with integrated HD 2000 Graphics Processing Unit. This GPU is not powerful enough to play latest games at full resolution, but it can be used for casual gaming and 3D applications.
Intel Xeon X3430 advantages
i7-2600 vs X3430 specifications comparison
The charts below show the difference between Intel Xeon X3430 and Core i7-2600 most important characteristics. These features, as well as an IPC (instructions per cycle) number, determine how well a processor performs. The "Number of cores / threads" graph displays the number of cores (darker area). Lighter area on the graph corresponds to the number of extra threads, provided by Hyper-Threading technology. The "Operating frequency" chart uses dark color to represent base frequency, whereas lighter area is for additional frequency, provided by Turbo feature. Darker area on the "On-chip cache" graph is for the On-chip L2 cache. Lighter area is for the L3 cache cache. Although the L3 cache cache is usually larger than the On-chip L2 cache, it is always slower.
The number of cores / threads
Higher is better
Higher is better
On-chip L2 + L3 cache
Higher is better
Thermal Design Power
Lower is better
- Intel Core i7-2600 - Intel Xeon X3430
Detailed side by side comparison of Intel i7-2600 vs Intel Xeon X3430 specs can be found in the "Specifications" tab.
Pros and Cons summary
|Core i7-2600|| ||Xeon X3430|
Handles more simultaneous threads,
Supports AVX instructions,
Integrates HD 2000 graphics
Executes fewer threads,
Operates at lower frequency,
Does not support some instructions,
Lacks on-chip GPU,
Similar microprocessors use the same socket and architecture as Core i7-2600 and X3430, however their performance and other characteristics are a bit different.
Where to buy
Both CPUs are obsolete. For this reason the best place to find them is eBay. They may also be available from marketplace sellers at Amazon.
Please visit Intel Core i7-2600 and Intel Xeon X3430 pages for more complete specifications of both microprocessors.
| ||Intel Core i7-2600||Intel Xeon X3430|
|CPU part number||CM8062300834302||BV80605001914AG|
|Box part number||BX80623I72600|
|Introduction date||January 9, 2011||September 8, 2009|
|Core name||Sandy Bridge||Lynnfield|
|Platform name|| ||Foxhollow-WS|
|Data width (bits)||64|
|Socket||Socket 1155||Socket 1156|
|Turbo Frequency (MHz)||3800 / 3700 / 3600 / 3500||2800 / 2667 / 2533 / 2533|
|L1 cache||128 KB (code) / 128 KB (data)|
|L2 cache (KB)||1024|
|L3 cache (KB)||8192|
|Max temperature (°C)||72.6|| |
|Max power dissipation (Watt)|| ||189.78|
|Core voltage (V)|| ||0.65 - 1.4|
|Instruction set extensions|
|AES / Advanced Encryption Standard||+||-|
|AMD64 / EM64T 64-bit technology||+|
|AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions||+||-|
|SSSE3 / Supplemental SSE3||+|
|PowerNow! / Enhanced SpeedStep||+|
|Turbo Core / Turbo Boost||+|
|Virus Protection / Execute Disable bit||+|
|GPU Type||HD 2000||None|
|Integrated Memory Controller(s)|
|The number of controllers||1|
|Supported memory||DDR3-1066, DDR3-1333||DDR3|
Rows with different specifications or features are highlighted.
For detailed specifications of "Intel Core i7-2600" or "Intel Xeon X3430" parts please click on the links in the table header.
Compare Intel Core i7-2600 with...
Compare Intel Xeon X3430 with...
Note: To see differences with any CPU, type in
any combination of the following into the "Any CPU" field: manufacturer name,
full or partial family name, model number, part number, core name,
socket name, operating frequency, bus speed (must have FSB suffix),
and the last level cache. Here are some valid searches:
Intel Celeron 2 GHz
Pentium 4 800FSB
AMD 3.3GHz 8MB