AMD A6-3620 advantages
- The A6-3620 includes more CPU cores than the Intel Core i7-620UE. Large number of cores helps this microprocessor to process multiple applications or heavily multi-threaded programs.
- Operating frequency of the A6-3620 is higher than the frequency of the i7-620UE.
- The processor supports 3DNow! instructions. The 3DNow! technology allows the CPU to perform certain floating-point operations faster, and thus enhance performance in games and software, that support the instructions. These instruction are obsolete now, and only some old games and software used them.
- The processor fits into Socket FM1. The CPU can be effortlessly removed from the socket for replacement or upgrade.
Intel Core i7-620UE advantages
- The CPU features SSSE3, SSE4.1 and SSE4.2 instructions.
- The Intel i7-620UE microprocessor includes AES technology, that accelerates AES encryption. The technology is beneficial if you need to protect your disk or network data.
- The CPU is 72% more energy efficient than the AMD A6-3620 microprocessor.
A6-3620 vs i7-620UE specifications comparison
The graphs below compare the most important characteristics of the Intel Core i7-620UE and AMD A6-3620 microprocessors. These features, along with an IPC (instructions per cycle) number, determine how well a microprocessor performs. The "Number of cores / threads" graph shows the number of cores (darker area). Lighter area on the graph represents the number of additional threads, offered by Hyper-Threading technology. The "Operating frequency" chart uses dark color to represent base frequency, while lighter area is for extra frequency, provided by Turbo feature. Darker area on the "On-chip cache" graph is for the On-chip L2 cache. Lighter area is for the L3 cache cache. Although the L3 cache cache is usually larger than the On-chip L2 cache, it is always slower.
The number of cores / threads
Higher is better
Higher is better
On-chip L2 + L3 cache
Higher is better
Thermal Design Power
Lower is better
- AMD A6-3620 - Intel Core i7-620UE
Detailed side by side comparison of A6-3620 vs Intel Core i7-620UE specs can be found in the "Specifications" tab.
Pros and Cons summary
|A6-3620|| ||Core i7-620UE|
More cores improve multi-threading performance,
Much higher base frequency,
The processor is upgreadable
Supports SSE4.1 / SSE4.2 instructions,
Needs less power
Lacks some instructions,
Needs considerably more power
Has fewer CPU cores,
Runs at lower base frequency,
Not possible to upgrade ot replace
Similar processors use the same socket and architecture as A6-3620 and Core i7-620UE, but their performance and other characteristics are slightly different.
Please visit AMD A6-3620 and Intel Core i7-620UE pages for more complete specifications of both microprocessors.
| ||AMD A6-3620||Intel Core i7-620UE|
|Family||A6-Series||Core i7 Mobile|
|CPU part number||AD3620OJZ43GX||CN80617004458AB|
|Box part number||AD3620OJGXBOX|| |
|Introduction date||December 20, 2011||January 7, 2010|
|Data width (bits)||64|
|Turbo Frequency (MHz)||2500|| |
|Clock Multiplier|| ||8|
|L1 cache||256 KB (code) / 256 KB (data)||64 KB (code) / 64 KB (data)|
|L2 cache (KB)||4096||512|
|L3 cache (KB)|| ||4096|
|Max temperature (°C)||70.5||105|
|Max power dissipation (Watt)|| ||37.8|
|Core voltage (V)||0.45 - 1.4125||0.75 - 1.4|
|Instruction set extensions|
|AES / Advanced Encryption Standard||-||+|
|AMD64 / EM64T 64-bit technology||+|
|SSSE3 / Supplemental SSE3||-||+|
|PowerNow! / Enhanced SpeedStep||+|
|Turbo Core / Turbo Boost||+|
|Virus Protection / Execute Disable bit||+|
|GPU Type||Radeon HD 6530D||HD (Nehalem)|
|Base frequency (MHz)||443||166|
|Integrated Memory Controller(s)|
|The number of controllers||1|
Rows with different specifications or features are highlighted.
For detailed specifications of "AMD A6-3620" or "Intel Core i7-620UE" parts please click on the links in the table header.
Compare AMD A6-3620 with...
Compare Intel Core i7-620UE with...
Note: To see differences with any CPU, type in
any combination of the following into the "Any CPU" field: manufacturer name,
full or partial family name, model number, part number, core name,
socket name, operating frequency, bus speed (must have FSB suffix),
and the last level cache. Here are some valid searches:
Intel Celeron 2 GHz
Pentium 4 800FSB
AMD 3.3GHz 8MB
Please post all comments on the AMD A6-3620 or Intel Core i7-620UE pages