AMD Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 vs Intel Core i3-3110M (PGA)
AMD Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 advantages
- The CPU includes 3DNow! instructions. These instructions can improve performance of some old games. The 3DNow! set is obsolete now, and not utilized by modern applications.
Intel Core i3-3110M (PGA) advantages
- The microprocessor features Hyper-Threading technology. This feature doubles the number of threads that the processor can process simultaneously.
- The i3-3110M offers higher operating frequency than the BE-2350 CPU.
- The i3-3110M CPU has SSSE3, SSE4.1 and SSE4.2 instructions.
- The Intel Core i3-3110M incorporates AVX instructions, introduced in the recent past. These extensions are not widely supported by programs yet, but their support should improve in future apps.
- In addition to 2 CPU cores, the microprocessor embeds HD 4000 GPU. This graphics is not a replacement for high-end graphics cards, however it can be used for 3D applications and casual gaming.
- Power consumption of the Core i3-3110M is better.
BE-2350 vs i3-3110M specifications comparison
The graphs below compare the most important characteristics of the i3-3110M and AMD Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 microprocessors. These features, as well as an IPC (instructions per cycle) number, determine how well a processor performs. The "Number of cores / threads" graph displays the number of cores (darker area). Lighter area on the graph represents the number of extra threads, provided by Hyper-Threading technology. Darker area on the "On-chip cache" graph is for the On-chip L2 cache. Lighter area is for the L3 cache cache. While the L3 cache cache is usually larger than the On-chip L2 cache, it is always slower.
The number of cores / threads
Higher is better
Higher is better
On-chip L2 + L3 cache
Higher is better
Thermal Design Power
Lower is better
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 - Intel Core i3-3110M (PGA)
Detailed side by side comparison of BE-2350 vs Intel i3-3110M specs can be found in the "Specifications" tab.
Pros and Cons summary
|Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350||Core i3-3110M (PGA)|
Can handle more threads at once,
Higher base frequency,
Supports SSE4.1 / SSE4.2 / AVX instructions,
Comes with HD 4000 GPU,
Somewhat lower power
Does not support as many threads,
Operates at lower base frequency,
Lacks some instructions,
No on-chip GPU,
Less energy efficient
Similar CPUs use the same socket and architecture as AMD BE-2350 and Core i3-3110M (PGA), but their performance and other characteristics are slightly different.
| ||AMD Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350||Intel Core i3-3110M (PGA)|
| ||Basic details|
|Family||AMD Athlon 64 X2||Intel Core i3 Mobile|
|CPU part number||ADH2350IAA5DO||AW8063801032700|
|Box part number||ADH2350DOBOX|| |
|Introduction date|| ||June 24, 2012|
| ||CPU features|
|Core name||Brisbane||Ivy Bridge|
|Data width (bits)||64|
|Socket||Socket AM2||Socket G2|
|L1 cache||128 KB (code) / 128 KB (data)||64 KB (code) / 64 KB (data)|
|L2 cache (KB)||1024||512|
|L3 cache (KB)|| ||3072|
|Max temperature (°C)|| ||90|
| ||Instruction set extensions|
|AMD64 / EM64T 64-bit technology||+|
|AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions||-||+|
|SSSE3 / Supplemental SSE3||-||+|
| ||Supported technologies|
|PowerNow! / Enhanced SpeedStep||+|
|Virus Protection / Execute Disable bit||+|
| ||Integrated Graphics|
|GPU Type||None||HD 4000|
Rows with different specifications or features are highlighted.
For detailed specifications of "AMD Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350" or "Intel Core i3-3110M (PGA)" parts please click on the links in the table header.
Compare with ...
Compare AMD Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 with...
Compare Intel Core i3-3110M (PGA) with...
Note: To see differences with any CPU, type in
any combination of the following into the "Any CPU" field: manufacturer name,
full or partial family name, model number, part number, core name,
socket name, operating frequency, bus speed (must have FSB suffix),
and the last level cache. Here are some valid searches:
Intel Celeron 2 GHz
Pentium 4 800FSB
AMD 3.3GHz 8MB