AMD FX-9370 advantages
- More CPU cores on the FX-9370 help to handle multiple programs or heavily multi-threaded applications.
- Operating frequency of the AMD FX-9370 processor is higher than the frequency of the i7-4770K.
- XOP instructions are enabled on this CPU. While these extensions are not extensively used in programs yet, their support should improve in future apps.
- The processor includes FMA4 instruction set extension. The FMA4 technology is only offered on AMD CPUs, therefore it probably will not get broad support from software vendors.
Intel Core i7-4770K advantages
- The microprocessor features AVX2 instructions. These extensions are not widely supported by applications yet, however this should improve in future apps.
- Like many modern processors, the processor embeds Graphics Processing Unit. This graphics can be used for casual gaming and 3D applications.
- The i7-4770K is 62% more energy efficient.
FX-9370 vs i7-4770K specifications comparison
The graphs below compare the most important characteristics of the Intel i7-4770K and FX-9370 microprocessors. These features, along with an IPC (instructions per cycle) number, determine how well a processor performs. The "Number of cores / threads" graph shows the number of cores (darker area). Lighter area on the graph corresponds to the number of additional threads, provided by Hyper-Threading technology. The "Operating frequency" chart uses dark color to represent base frequency, whereas lighter area is for extra frequency, provided by Turbo feature. Darker area on the "On-chip cache" graph is for the On-chip L2 cache. Lighter area is for the L3 cache cache. Although the L3 cache cache is usually larger than the On-chip L2 cache, it is always slower.
The number of cores / threads
Higher is better
Higher is better
On-chip L2 + L3 cache
Higher is better
Thermal Design Power
Lower is better
- AMD FX-9370 - Intel Core i7-4770K
Detailed side by side comparison of AMD FX-9370 vs Intel Core i7-4770K specs can be found in the "Specifications" tab.
Pros and Cons summary
|FX-9370|| ||Core i7-4770K|
More cores for better multi-threading performance,
Supports XOP instructions
Supports AVX2 instructions,
Integrates HD 4600 GPU,
Much lower power consumption
Does not support some instructions,
Comes without integrated graphics,
Requires considerably more power
Has fewer CPU cores,
Operating frequency is lower,
Does not support some instructions
Please visit AMD FX-9370 and Intel Core i7-4770K pages for more complete specifications of both microprocessors.
| ||AMD FX-9370||Intel Core i7-4770K|
|CPU part number||FD9370FHW8KHK||CM8064601464206|
|Box part number||FD9370FHHKWOF|
|Introduction date||June 11, 2013||June 2, 2013|
|Current official price|| ||$339 (as of Jun 2013)|
|Platform name||Volan|| |
|Data width (bits)||64|
|Socket||Socket AM3+||Socket 1150|
|Turbo Frequency (MHz)||4700||3900|
|Clock Multiplier|| ||35|
|L1 cache||256 KB (code) / 128 KB (data)||128 KB (code) / 128 KB (data)|
|L2 cache (KB)||8192||1024|
|L3 cache (KB)||8192|
|Max temperature (°C)|| ||72.72|
|Instruction set extensions|
|AES / Advanced Encryption Standard||+|
|AMD64 / EM64T 64-bit technology||+|
|AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions||+|
|AVX2 / Advanced Vector Extensions 2||-||+|
|BMI1 / Bit Manipulation||+||-|
|F16C / 16-bit Floating-Point conversion||+|
|FMA3 / 3-operand Fused Multiply-Add||+|
|FMA4 / 4-operand Fused Multiply-Add||+||-|
|SSSE3 / Supplemental SSE3||+|
|XOP / eXtended Operations||+||-|
|PowerNow! / Enhanced SpeedStep||+|
|Turbo Core / Turbo Boost||+|
|Virus Protection / Execute Disable bit||+|
|GPU Type||None||HD 4600|
|Integrated Memory Controller(s)|
|The number of controllers||1|
|Supported memory||DDR3-1866||DDR3-1333, DDR3-1600|
Rows with different specifications or features are highlighted.
For detailed specifications of "AMD FX-9370" or "Intel Core i7-4770K" parts please click on the links in the table header.
Compare AMD FX-9370 with...
Compare Intel Core i7-4770K with...
Note: To see differences with any CPU, type in
any combination of the following into the "Any CPU" field: manufacturer name,
full or partial family name, model number, part number, core name,
socket name, operating frequency, bus speed (must have FSB suffix),
and the last level cache. Here are some valid searches:
Intel Celeron 2 GHz
Pentium 4 800FSB
AMD 3.3GHz 8MB