AMD E-Series E-300 vs Mobile Sempron SI-42
AMD E-Series E-300 advantages
- More CPU cores on the E-300 help to handle many programs or threads at once.
- The processor provides hardware acceleration of virtualized applications.
- SSSE3 instructions are enabled on this microprocessor.
- The CPU has on-chip Radeon HD 6310 graphics. This GPU is not fast enough to play latest games with all settings on, but it can be used for casual gaming and 3D apps.
- Power consumption of the E-300 is better.
AMD Mobile Sempron SI-42 advantages
- The microprocessor offers higher operating frequency than the AMD E-300 CPU.
- The microprocessor supports 3DNow! instructions. The 3DNow! instruction set helps the processor to execute certain floating-point operations faster, and thus enhance performance in games and software, that support the instructions. These instruction are obsolete now, and only some old games and software used them.
- The CPU utilizes Socket S1 (S1g2). The microprocessor can be removed from the socket without trouble for replacement or upgrade.
E-300 vs SI-42 specifications comparison
The graphs below compare the most important characteristics of the AMD Mobile Sempron SI-42 and E-Series E-300 processors. These features, along with an IPC (instructions per cycle) number, determine how well a processor performs.
The number of cores / threads
Higher is better
Higher is better
Thermal Design Power
Lower is better
- AMD E-Series E-300 - AMD Mobile Sempron SI-42
Detailed side by side comparison of E-300 vs AMD Mobile Sempron SI-42 specs can be found in the "Specifications" tab.
Pros and Cons summary
|E-Series E-300|| ||Mobile Sempron SI-42|
More cores improve multi-threading performance,
Executes more simultaneous threads,
Integrates Radeon HD 6310 graphics,
Needs less power
Much higher base frequency,
The processor is upgreadable
Base frequency is lower,
Not possible to upgrade ot replace
Doesn't have as many CPU cores,
Handles fewer threads,
No integrated GPU,
Requires somewhat more power
Please visit AMD E-Series E-300 and AMD Mobile Sempron SI-42 pages for more complete specifications of both microprocessors.
| ||AMD E-Series E-300||AMD Mobile Sempron SI-42|
|CPU part number||EME300GBB22GV||SMSI42SAM12GG|
|Introduction date||August 22, 2011|| |
|Platform name||Brazos|| |
|Data width (bits)||64|
|Socket||BGA413||Socket S1 (S1g2)|
|Bus speed (MHz)|| ||1800 (HT/QPI)|
|L1 cache||64 KB (code) / 64 KB (data)|
|L2 cache (KB)||1024||512|
|Max temperature (°C)||90||100|
|Core voltage (V)|| ||1.075 - 1.125|
|Instruction set extensions|
|AMD64 / EM64T 64-bit technology||+|
|SSSE3 / Supplemental SSE3||+||-|
|PowerNow! / Enhanced SpeedStep||+|
|Virus Protection / Execute Disable bit||+|
|GPU Type||Radeon HD 6310||None|
Rows with different specifications or features are highlighted.
For detailed specifications of "AMD E-Series E-300" or "AMD Mobile Sempron SI-42" parts please click on the links in the table header.
Compare AMD E-Series E-300 with...
Compare AMD Mobile Sempron SI-42 with...
Note: To see differences with any CPU, type in
any combination of the following into the "Any CPU" field: manufacturer name,
full or partial family name, model number, part number, core name,
socket name, operating frequency, bus speed (must have FSB suffix),
and the last level cache. Here are some valid searches:
Intel Celeron 2 GHz
Pentium 4 800FSB
AMD 3.3GHz 8MB