AMD A4-4300M advantages
- Operating frequency of the CPU is higher than the frequency of the E2-2000 microprocessor.
- The CPU has SSE4.1 and SSE4.2 instructions.
- AES instructions are supported by this processor. These instructions provide hardware acceleration of AES encryption and decryption, and are valuable if you run programs, that secure your disk or network data.
- The microprocessor incorporates AVX, F16C, FMA3 and XOP instructions. These extensions are not extensively used in applications yet, but their support should improve in future apps.
- The AMD A4-4300M has FMA4 instruction set extension enabled. Only AMD CPUs offer this technology, for that reason it may not get broad support from software vendors.
- The A4-4300M CPU fits into Socket FS1 (FS1r2), and can be easily removed from it. This allows simple processor upgrade or downgrade when needed.
AMD E2-2000 advantages
- The AMD E2-2000 microprocessor is 49% more energy efficient than the A4-4300M CPU.
A4-4300M vs E2-2000 specifications comparison
The charts below compare the most important AMD E2-2000 and A4-4300M characteristics. These features, as well as an IPC (instructions per cycle) number, determine how well a microprocessor performs. The "Operating frequency" chart uses dark color to represent base frequency, while lighter area is for additional frequency, provided by Turbo feature.
The number of cores / threads
Higher is better
Higher is better
Thermal Design Power
Lower is better
- AMD A4-4300M - AMD E2-2000
Detailed side by side comparison of AMD A4-4300M vs AMD E2-2000 specs can be found in the "Specifications" tab.
Pros and Cons summary
Base frequency is higher,
Features SSE4.1 / SSE4.2 / AVX / F16C / FMA3 / XOP instructions,
Can be upgraded
Needs less power
Requires considerably more power
Has lower base frequency,
Does not support some instructions,
Not possible to upgrade ot replace
Please visit AMD A4-4300M and AMD E2-2000 pages for more complete specifications of both microprocessors.
| ||AMD A4-4300M||AMD E2-2000|
|Family||A4-Series for Notebooks||E2-Series|
|CPU part number||AM4300DEC23HJ||EM2000GBB22GV|
|Introduction date||June 30, 2012||January 31, 2013|
|Platform name|| ||Brazos 2.0|
|Data width (bits)||64|
|Socket||Socket FS1 (FS1r2)||BGA413|
|Turbo Frequency (MHz)||3000|| |
|L1 cache||64 KB (code) / 32 KB (data)||64 KB (code) / 64 KB (data)|
|L2 cache (KB)||1024|
|Max temperature (°C)||100|| |
|Core voltage (V)||0.875 - 1.35|| |
|Instruction set extensions|
|AES / Advanced Encryption Standard||+||-|
|AMD64 / EM64T 64-bit technology||+|
|AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions||+||-|
|BMI1 / Bit Manipulation||+||-|
|F16C / 16-bit Floating-Point conversion||+||-|
|FMA3 / 3-operand Fused Multiply-Add||+||-|
|FMA4 / 4-operand Fused Multiply-Add||+||-|
|SSSE3 / Supplemental SSE3||+|
|XOP / eXtended Operations||+||-|
|PowerNow! / Enhanced SpeedStep||+|
|Turbo Core / Turbo Boost||+||-|
|Virus Protection / Execute Disable bit||+|
|GPU Type||Radeon HD 7420G||Radeon HD 7340|
|Base frequency (MHz)||480||538|
|Maximum frequency (MHz)||655||700|
|Integrated Memory Controller(s)|
|The number of controllers||1|
|Supported memory||DDR3-1600, DDR3L-1600, DDR3U-1333||DDR3-1333, DDR3L-1066|
Rows with different specifications or features are highlighted.
For detailed specifications of "AMD A4-4300M" or "AMD E2-2000" parts please click on the links in the table header.
Compare AMD A4-4300M with...
Compare AMD E2-2000 with...
Note: To see differences with any CPU, type in
any combination of the following into the "Any CPU" field: manufacturer name,
full or partial family name, model number, part number, core name,
socket name, operating frequency, bus speed (must have FSB suffix),
and the last level cache. Here are some valid searches:
Intel Celeron 2 GHz
Pentium 4 800FSB
AMD 3.3GHz 8MB