AMD A6-4455M advantages
- Operating frequency of this processor is higher than the frequency of the AMD E1-1200 microprocessor.
- The A6-4455M has SSE4.1 and SSE4.2 instructions enabled.
- The A6-4455M includes Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) technology, that accelerates AES encryption. The instructions are beneficial if you need to protect your disk or network data.
- The A6-4455M incorporates AVX, F16C, FMA3 and XOP instructions. Even though these extensions are not widely used in programs yet, their support should improve in future applications.
- The CPU has FMA4 instruction set extension enabled. The FMA4 technology is only available on AMD processors, thus not many software vendors may support it in the future.
- Power consumption of the microprocessor is lower.
AMD E1-1200 advantages
A6-4455M vs E1-1200 specifications comparison
The charts below compare the most important characteristics of the E1-1200 and AMD A6-4455M CPUs. These features, along with an IPC (instructions per cycle) number, determine how well a processor performs. The "Operating frequency" chart uses dark color to represent base frequency, whereas lighter area is for additional frequency, provided by Turbo feature.
The number of cores / threads
Higher is better
Higher is better
Thermal Design Power
Lower is better
- AMD A6-4455M - AMD E1-1200
Detailed side by side comparison of AMD A6-4455M vs E1-1200 specs can be found in the "Specifications" tab.
Pros and Cons summary
Base frequency is much higher,
Features SSE4.1 / SSE4.2 / AVX / F16C / FMA3 / XOP instructions,
Needs less power
Base frequency is lower,
Does not support some instructions,
Requires slightly more power
Similar microprocessors utilize the same core and fit the same socket as AMD A6-4455M and E1-1200.
Please visit AMD A6-4455M and AMD E1-1200 pages for more complete specifications of both microprocessors.
| ||AMD A6-4455M||AMD E1-1200|
|Family||A6-Series for Notebooks||E1-Series|
|CPU part number||AM4455SHE24HJ||EM1200GBB22GV|
|Introduction date||May 15, 2012||June 5, 2012|
|Platform name|| ||Brazos 2.0|
|Data width (bits)||64|
|Turbo Frequency (MHz)||2600|| |
|Clock Multiplier|| ||7|
|L1 cache||64 KB (code) / 32 KB (data)||64 KB (code) / 64 KB (data)|
|L2 cache (KB)||2048||1024|
|Max temperature (°C)||100|
|Core voltage (V)||0.775 - 1.15||0.875 - 1.35|
|Instruction set extensions|
|AES / Advanced Encryption Standard||+||-|
|AMD64 / EM64T 64-bit technology||+|
|AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions||+||-|
|BMI1 / Bit Manipulation||+||-|
|F16C / 16-bit Floating-Point conversion||+||-|
|FMA3 / 3-operand Fused Multiply-Add||+||-|
|FMA4 / 4-operand Fused Multiply-Add||+||-|
|SSSE3 / Supplemental SSE3||+|
|XOP / eXtended Operations||+||-|
|PowerNow! / Enhanced SpeedStep||+|
|Turbo Core / Turbo Boost||+||-|
|Virus Protection / Execute Disable bit||+|
|GPU Type||Radeon HD 7500G||Radeon HD 7310|
|Base frequency (MHz)||327||500|
|Integrated Memory Controller(s)|
|The number of controllers||1|
|Supported memory||DDR3-1333, DDR3L-1333, DDR3U-1066||DDR3-1066, DDR3L-1066|
Rows with different specifications or features are highlighted.
For detailed specifications of "AMD A6-4455M" or "AMD E1-1200" parts please click on the links in the table header.
Compare AMD A6-4455M with...
Compare AMD E1-1200 with...
Note: To see differences with any CPU, type in
any combination of the following into the "Any CPU" field: manufacturer name,
full or partial family name, model number, part number, core name,
socket name, operating frequency, bus speed (must have FSB suffix),
and the last level cache. Here are some valid searches:
Intel Celeron 2 GHz
Pentium 4 800FSB
AMD 3.3GHz 8MB