AMD FX-6130 vs Intel Xeon X5482
AMD FX-6130 advantages
- More CPU cores on the AMD FX-6130 help to process multiple tasks or heavily multi-threaded applications.
- Operating frequency of the microprocessor is higher than the frequency of the Xeon X5482 processor.
- The CPU includes SSE4.2 instructions.
- The processor incorporates Advanced Encryption Standard technology. These instructions provide hardware acceleration of AES encryption and decryption, and are beneficial if you need to secure your disk or network data.
- The microprocessor has AVX and XOP instructions, introduced in the recent past. These extensions are not widely supported by programs yet, but this should improve in future applications.
- The CPU has FMA4 instruction set extension enabled. The FMA4 technology is only offered on AMD processors, therefore not many software vendors may support it in the future.
- The processor is not "locked". To get greater performance from the CPU, it can be overclocked with ease.
- Power consumption of the processor is lower.
Intel Xeon X5482 advantages
FX-6130 vs X5482 specifications comparison
The graphs below compare the most important Xeon X5482 and AMD FX-6130 characteristics. These features, together with an IPC (instructions per cycle) number, determine how well a processor performs. The "Operating frequency" chart uses dark color to represent base frequency, while lighter area is for additional frequency, provided by Turbo feature. Darker area on the "On-chip cache" graph is for the On-chip L2 cache. Lighter area is for the L3 cache cache. Although the L3 cache cache is usually larger than the On-chip L2 cache, it is always slower.
The number of cores / threads
Higher is better
Higher is better
On-chip L2 + L3 cache
Higher is better
Thermal Design Power
Lower is better
- AMD FX-6130 - Intel Xeon X5482
Detailed side by side comparison of AMD FX-6130 vs X5482 specs can be found in the "Specifications" tab.
Pros and Cons summary
|FX-6130|| ||Xeon X5482|
More cores for better multi-threading performance,
Supports more simultaneous threads,
Base frequency is higher,
Features SSE4.2 / AVX / XOP instructions,
Can be effortlessly overclocked,
Needs less power
Not as many CPU cores,
Executes fewer threads,
Operates at lower base frequency,
Lacks some instructions,
Similar CPUs use the same socket and architecture as AMD FX-6130 and Intel Xeon X5482, however their performance and other characteristics are a bit different.
Please visit AMD FX-6130 and Intel Xeon X5482 pages for more complete specifications of both microprocessors.
| ||AMD FX-6130||Intel Xeon X5482|
Never released CPU
|CPU part number||FD6130FRW6KGU||EU80574KL088N|
|Introduction date||June 30, 2012 (estimated)||November 12, 2007|
|Platform name||Scorpius||Bensley; Bensley-VS; Cranberry Lake; Stoakley|
|Data width (bits)||64|
|Socket||Socket AM3+||Socket 771|
|Turbo Frequency (MHz)||3900|| |
|Bus speed (MHz)|| ||1600|
|Clock Multiplier|| ||8|
|L1 cache||192 KB (code) / 96 KB (data)||128 KB (code) / 128 KB (data)|
|L2 cache (KB)||6144||12288|
|L3 cache (KB)||8192|| |
|Max temperature (°C)|| ||63|
|Max power dissipation (Watt)|| ||182.8|
|Core voltage (V)|| ||0.85 - 1.35|
|Instruction set extensions|
|AES / Advanced Encryption Standard||+||-|
|AMD64 / EM64T 64-bit technology||+|
|AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions||+||-|
|FMA4 / 4-operand Fused Multiply-Add||+||-|
|SSSE3 / Supplemental SSE3||+|
|XOP / eXtended Operations||+||-|
|PowerNow! / Enhanced SpeedStep||+|
|Turbo Core / Turbo Boost||+||-|
|Virus Protection / Execute Disable bit||+|
|Integrated Memory Controller(s)|
|The number of controllers||1||0|
Rows with different specifications or features are highlighted.
For detailed specifications of "AMD FX-6130" or "Intel Xeon X5482" parts please click on the links in the table header.
Compare AMD FX-6130 with...
Compare Intel Xeon X5482 with...
Note: To see differences with any CPU, type in
any combination of the following into the "Any CPU" field: manufacturer name,
full or partial family name, model number, part number, core name,
socket name, operating frequency, bus speed (must have FSB suffix),
and the last level cache. Here are some valid searches:
Intel Celeron 2 GHz
Pentium 4 800FSB
AMD 3.3GHz 8MB
Please post all comments on the AMD FX-6130 or Intel Xeon X5482 pages