Intel Atom Z2760 advantages
Intel Core i3-3217U advantages
- This microprocessor offers higher base frequency than the Intel Z2760 CPU.
- The i3-3217U processor has Intel 64 feature, that allows it to run 64-bit operating systems. 64-bit OSes usually run a bit faster than 32-bit ones, and they are not limited to 3GB or 4 GB of RAM.
- Incorporated Virtualization technology enhances performance in virtualization tasks.
- The Core i3-3217U includes SSE4.1 and SSE4.2 instructions.
- The microprocessor supports AVX and F16C instructions. Even though these extensions are not broadly used by applications yet, their support should improve in future apps.
- Besides 2 CPU cores, the Intel Core i3-3217U integrates HD 4000 GPU. This graphics replaces low-end graphics card, and thus lowers the cost of the system.
Z2760 vs i3-3217U specifications comparison
The charts below demonstrate the difference between Core i3-3217U and Z2760 most important characteristics. These features, as well as an IPC (instructions per cycle) number, determine how well a microprocessor performs. The "Number of cores / threads" graph shows the number of cores (darker area). Lighter area on the graph corresponds to the number of additional threads, offered by Hyper-Threading technology. The "Operating frequency" chart uses dark color to represent base frequency, whereas lighter area is for extra frequency, provided by Turbo feature. Darker area on the "On-chip cache" graph is for the On-chip L2 cache. Lighter area is for the L3 cache cache. Although the L3 cache cache is usually larger than the On-chip L2 cache, it is always slower.
The number of cores / threads
Higher is better
Higher is better
On-chip L2 + L3 cache
Higher is better
- Intel Atom Z2760 - Intel Core i3-3217U
Detailed side by side comparison of Intel Z2760 vs Core i3-3217U specs can be found in the "Specifications" tab.
Pros and Cons summary
|Atom Z2760|| ||Core i3-3217U|
Features higher base frequency,
Supports 64-bit operating system,
Features SSE4.1 / SSE4.2 / AVX / F16C instructions,
Includes HD 4000 GPU
Base frequency is lower,
Does not support some instructions,
Comes without integrated graphics
Similar CPUs use the same socket and architecture as Z2760 and Intel Core i3-3217U.
Please visit Intel Atom Z2760 and Intel Core i3-3217U pages for more complete specifications of both microprocessors.
| ||Intel Atom Z2760||Intel Core i3-3217U|
|Family||Atom||Core i3 Mobile|
|CPU part number||DG8065001313500||AV8063801058401|
|Introduction date||September 27, 2012||June 24, 2012|
|Core name||Cloverview||Ivy Bridge|
|Platform name||Clovertrail|| |
|Data width (bits)||32||64|
|Turbo Frequency (MHz)||1800|| |
|Clock Multiplier|| ||18|
|L1 cache||64 KB (code) / 48 KB (data)||64 KB (code) / 64 KB (data)|
|L2 cache (KB)||1024||512|
|L3 cache (KB)|| ||3072|
|Max temperature (°C)||90||105|
|TDP (Watt)|| ||17|
|Instruction set extensions|
|AMD64 / EM64T 64-bit technology||-||+|
|AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions||-||+|
|F16C / 16-bit Floating-Point conversion||-||+|
|SSSE3 / Supplemental SSE3||+|
|PowerNow! / Enhanced SpeedStep||+|
|Turbo Core / Turbo Boost||+||-|
|Virus Protection / Execute Disable bit||+|
Rows with different specifications or features are highlighted.
For detailed specifications of "Intel Atom Z2760" or "Intel Core i3-3217U" parts please click on the links in the table header.
Compare Intel Atom Z2760 with...
Compare Intel Core i3-3217U with...
Note: To see differences with any CPU, type in
any combination of the following into the "Any CPU" field: manufacturer name,
full or partial family name, model number, part number, core name,
socket name, operating frequency, bus speed (must have FSB suffix),
and the last level cache. Here are some valid searches:
Intel Celeron 2 GHz
Pentium 4 800FSB
AMD 3.3GHz 8MB