Intel Atom Z2760 advantages
Intel Core i5-3337U advantages
- Operating frequency of the Intel Core i5-3337U is higher than the frequency of the Z2760 processor.
- Thanks to integrated Intel 64 technology, this microprocessor can run 64-bit operating systems.
- The processor incorporates Virtualization feature, that improves performance of virtualized tasks.
- The CPU supports SSE4.1 and SSE4.2 instructions.
- The Intel i5-3337U has Advanced Encryption Standard technology, that accelerates AES encryption. The instructions are valuable if you need to secure your disk or network data.
- The i5-3337U features AVX and F16C instructions, that were introduced in modern CPUs not too far ago. Although these extensions are not extensively used in applications yet, their support should improve in future apps.
- The processor has on-chip HD 4000 GPU. This GPU replaces low-end graphics card, and thus lowers the cost of the system.
Z2760 vs i5-3337U specifications comparison
The charts below demonstrate the difference between i5-3337U and Z2760 most important characteristics. These features, along with an IPC (instructions per cycle) number, determine how well a CPU performs. The "Number of cores / threads" graph displays the number of cores (darker area). Lighter area on the graph represents the number of additional threads, offered by Hyper-Threading technology. The "Operating frequency" chart uses dark color for base frequency, while lighter area is for extra frequency, provided by Turbo feature. Darker area on the "On-chip cache" graph is for the On-chip L2 cache. Lighter area is for the L3 cache cache. Although the L3 cache cache is usually larger than the On-chip L2 cache, it is always slower.
The number of cores / threads
Higher is better
Higher is better
On-chip L2 + L3 cache
Higher is better
- Intel Atom Z2760 - Intel Core i5-3337U
Detailed side by side comparison of Atom Z2760 vs Intel i5-3337U specs can be found in the "Specifications" tab.
Pros and Cons summary
|Atom Z2760|| ||Core i5-3337U|
Runs at higher frequency,
Supports 64-bit OS,
Features SSE4.1 / SSE4.2 / AVX / F16C instructions,
Comes with HD 4000 GPU
Operates at lower frequency,
Lacks some instructions,
Comes without integrated graphics
Similar processors use the same core and fit the same socket as Intel Z2760 and Intel i5-3337U.
Please visit Intel Atom Z2760 and Intel Core i5-3337U pages for more complete specifications of both microprocessors.
| ||Intel Atom Z2760||Intel Core i5-3337U|
|Family||Atom||Core i5 Mobile|
|CPU part number||DG8065001313500||AV8063801129900|
|Introduction date||September 27, 2012||January 20, 2013|
|Core name||Cloverview||Ivy Bridge|
|Platform name||Clovertrail|| |
|Data width (bits)||32||64|
|Turbo Frequency (MHz)||1800||2700 / 2500|
|Clock Multiplier|| ||18|
|L1 cache||64 KB (code) / 48 KB (data)||64 KB (code) / 64 KB (data)|
|L2 cache (KB)||1024||512|
|L3 cache (KB)|| ||3072|
|Max temperature (°C)||90||105|
|TDP (Watt)|| ||17|
|Instruction set extensions|
|AES / Advanced Encryption Standard||-||+|
|AMD64 / EM64T 64-bit technology||-||+|
|AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions||-||+|
|F16C / 16-bit Floating-Point conversion||-||+|
|SSSE3 / Supplemental SSE3||+|
|PowerNow! / Enhanced SpeedStep||+|
|Turbo Core / Turbo Boost||+|
|Virus Protection / Execute Disable bit||+|
Rows with different specifications or features are highlighted.
For detailed specifications of "Intel Atom Z2760" or "Intel Core i5-3337U" parts please click on the links in the table header.
Compare Intel Atom Z2760 with...
Compare Intel Core i5-3337U with...
Note: To see differences with any CPU, type in
any combination of the following into the "Any CPU" field: manufacturer name,
full or partial family name, model number, part number, core name,
socket name, operating frequency, bus speed (must have FSB suffix),
and the last level cache. Here are some valid searches:
Intel Celeron 2 GHz
Pentium 4 800FSB
AMD 3.3GHz 8MB