Intel Core i3-3225 advantages
- One of the distinctive features of the Core i3-3225 microprocessor is Hyper-Threading technology, which doubles the number of threads that the processor can execute simultaneously.
- Operating frequency of the microprocessor is higher than the frequency of the Intel T4300 processor.
- Integrated Virtualization feature improves performance of virtualized programs.
- SSE4.1 and SSE4.2 instructions are enabled on this CPU.
- The microprocessor includes AVX and F16C instructions, that were introduced in modern microprocessors not too far ago. While these extensions are not widely supported by applications yet, their support should improve in future apps.
- In addition to 2 CPU cores, the microprocessor has integrated HD 4000 Graphics Processing Unit. While this GPU is not fast enough to run latest games with all settings on, it can be used for casual gaming and 3D applications.
Intel Pentium T4300 advantages
- The Intel Pentium T4300 is 36% more energy efficient.
i3-3225 vs T4300 specifications comparison
The charts below compare the most important Intel Pentium T4300 and Intel Core i3-3225 characteristics. These features, together with an IPC (instructions per cycle) number, determine how well a processor performs. The "Number of cores / threads" graph shows the number of cores (darker area). Lighter area on the graph represents the number of additional threads, provided by Hyper-Threading technology. Darker area on the "On-chip cache" graph is for the On-chip L2 cache. Lighter area is for the L3 cache cache. Although the L3 cache cache is usually larger than the On-chip L2 cache, it is always slower.
The number of cores / threads
Higher is better
Higher is better
On-chip L2 + L3 cache
Higher is better
Thermal Design Power
Lower is better
- Intel Core i3-3225 - Intel Pentium T4300
Detailed side by side comparison of i3-3225 vs T4300 specs can be found in the "Specifications" tab.
Pros and Cons summary
|Core i3-3225|| ||Pentium T4300|
Handles more simultaneous threads,
Features higher base frequency,
Supports SSE4.1 / SSE4.2 / AVX / F16C instructions,
Has on-chip HD 4000 graphics
Needs less power
Requires much more power
Does not support as many threads,
Base frequency is lower,
Lacks some instructions,
Does not have integrated GPU,
Similar CPUs use the same socket and architecture as Core i3-3225 and Intel T4300, however their performance and other characteristics are a bit different.
Please visit Intel Core i3-3225 and Intel Pentium T4300 pages for more complete specifications of both microprocessors.
| ||Intel Core i3-3225||Intel Pentium T4300|
|Family||Core i3||Pentium Dual-Core Mobile|
|CPU part number||CM8063701133903||AW80577GG0451MA|
|Box part number||BX80637I33225|
|Introduction date||September 2, 2012|| |
|Current official price||$134 (as of Jun 2013)|| |
|Core name||Ivy Bridge||Penryn|
|Data width (bits)||64|
|Socket||Socket 1155||Socket P|
|Bus speed (MHz)|| ||800|
|L1 cache||64 KB (code) / 64 KB (data)|
|L2 cache (KB)||512||1024|
|L3 cache (KB)||3072|| |
|Instruction set extensions|
|AMD64 / EM64T 64-bit technology||+|
|AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions||+||-|
|F16C / 16-bit Floating-Point conversion||+||-|
|SSSE3 / Supplemental SSE3||+|
|PowerNow! / Enhanced SpeedStep||+|
|Virus Protection / Execute Disable bit||+|
|GPU Type||HD 4000||None|
|Integrated Memory Controller(s)|
|The number of controllers||1||0|
Rows with different specifications or features are highlighted.
For detailed specifications of "Intel Core i3-3225" or "Intel Pentium T4300" parts please click on the links in the table header.
Compare Intel Core i3-3225 with...
Compare Intel Pentium T4300 with...
Note: To see differences with any CPU, type in
any combination of the following into the "Any CPU" field: manufacturer name,
full or partial family name, model number, part number, core name,
socket name, operating frequency, bus speed (must have FSB suffix),
and the last level cache. Here are some valid searches:
Intel Celeron 2 GHz
Pentium 4 800FSB
AMD 3.3GHz 8MB
Please post all comments on the Intel Core i3-3225 or Intel Pentium T4300 pages