AMD A8-5500 vs E-Series E-350
AMD A8-5500 advantages
- More CPU cores on the AMD A8-5500 help to tackle multiple threads or applications at once.
- Operating frequency of the A8-5500 is higher than the frequency of the E-Series E-350.
- The microprocessor supports SSE4.1 and SSE4.2 instructions.
- This CPU incorporates AES technology. These instructions provide hardware acceleration of AES encryption and decryption, and are valuable if you run programs, that secure your disk or network data.
- The microprocessor features AVX, F16C, FMA3 and XOP instructions, that were introduced in the recent past. These extensions are not extensively used in applications yet, however their support should improve in future programs.
- The processor supports FMA4 instruction set extension. Only AMD processors offer this technology, thus not many software vendors may support it in the future.
- The CPU uses Socket FM2. The processor can be easily removed from the socket for upgrade or replacement.
AMD E-Series E-350 advantages
- The CPU is 72% more energy efficient than the A8-5500 processor.
A8-5500 vs E-350 specifications comparison
The graphs below demonstrate the difference between AMD E-350 and A8-5500 most important characteristics. These features, as well as an IPC (instructions per cycle) number, determine how well a microprocessor performs. The "Operating frequency" graph uses dark color to represent base frequency, while lighter area is for additional frequency, provided by Turbo feature.
The number of cores / threads
Higher is better
Higher is better
Thermal Design Power
Lower is better
- AMD A8-5500 - AMD E-Series E-350
Please see the "Specifications" tab for detailed side by side comparison of A8-5500 vs E-350 specs.
Pros and Cons summary
|A8-5500|| ||E-Series E-350|
More cores improve multi-threading performance,
Can execute more threads at once,
Has higher base frequency,
Features SSE4.1 / SSE4.2 / AVX / F16C / FMA3 / XOP instructions,
The microprocessor is upgreadable
Significantly lower power consumption
Needs significantly more power
Smaller number of CPU cores,
Handles fewer threads,
Runs at lower base frequency,
Does not support some instructions,
Can not be upgraded or replaced
Similar CPUs use the same socket and architecture as A8-5500 and E-Series E-350.
Please visit AMD A8-5500 and AMD E-Series E-350 pages for more complete specifications of both microprocessors.
| ||AMD A8-5500||AMD E-Series E-350|
|CPU part number||AD5500OKA44HJ||EME350GBB22GT|
|Box part number||AD5500OKHJBOX|| |
|Introduction date||July 31, 2012||January 4, 2011|
|Current official price||$91 (as of Oct 2013)|| |
|Data width (bits)||64|
|Turbo Frequency (MHz)||3700|| |
|Clock Multiplier|| ||8|
|L1 cache||128 KB (code) / 64 KB (data)||64 KB (code) / 64 KB (data)|
|L2 cache (KB)||4096||1024|
|Max temperature (°C)||71.3||90|
|Core voltage (V)||0.825 - 1.475||1.25 - 1.35|
|Instruction set extensions|
|AES / Advanced Encryption Standard||+||-|
|AMD64 / EM64T 64-bit technology||+|
|AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions||+||-|
|BMI1 / Bit Manipulation||+||-|
|F16C / 16-bit Floating-Point conversion||+||-|
|FMA3 / 3-operand Fused Multiply-Add||+||-|
|FMA4 / 4-operand Fused Multiply-Add||+||-|
|SSSE3 / Supplemental SSE3||+|
|XOP / eXtended Operations||+||-|
|PowerNow! / Enhanced SpeedStep||+|
|Turbo Core / Turbo Boost||+||-|
|Virus Protection / Execute Disable bit||+|
|GPU Type||Radeon HD 7560D||Radeon HD 6310|
|Base frequency (MHz)||760||500|
|Integrated Memory Controller(s)|
|The number of controllers||1|
|Supported memory||DDR3-1866||DDR3-1333, DDR3L-1066|
Rows with different specifications or features are highlighted.
For detailed specifications of "AMD A8-5500" or "AMD E-Series E-350" parts please click on the links in the table header.
Compare AMD A8-5500 with...
Compare AMD E-Series E-350 with...
Note: To see differences with any CPU, type in
any combination of the following into the "Any CPU" field: manufacturer name,
full or partial family name, model number, part number, core name,
socket name, operating frequency, bus speed (must have FSB suffix),
and the last level cache. Here are some valid searches:
Intel Celeron 2 GHz
Pentium 4 800FSB
AMD 3.3GHz 8MB
Please post all comments on the AMD A8-5500 or AMD E-Series E-350 pages