CPU comparison nomenclature colors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CPU-World.com forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ercarrera

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: CPU comparison nomenclature colors Reply with quote

Can someone answer the following:
When I research a particular CPU sometimes I am able to compair it to another! But most of the time the only comparison I get after identifiying the CPU is a list of CPU's with the slowest I guess, at the top and the fastest at the bottom. However such cpus are highlited either green or red!
What does that mean? and 2nd. why not all cpus are comparable where you enter (and hit return) on the compared to:

Thank you for any guidance. ERCarrera Shocked
Neon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general,

green means faster, bigger, cooler, or better
red means slower, smaller, hotter, or poorer
gshv

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: CPU comparison nomenclature colors Reply with quote

ercarrera wrote:
Can someone answer the following:
When I research a particular CPU sometimes I am able to compair it to another! But most of the time the only comparison I get after identifiying the CPU is a list of CPU's with the slowest I guess, at the top and the fastest at the bottom. However such cpus are highlited either green or red!
What does that mean?

In addition to what Neon said: there may be green or red rectangle in front of each CPU. These indicate whether this processor is better (green) or worse (red) in multi-threaded applications.

Quote:
and 2nd. why not all cpus are comparable where you enter (and hit return) on the compared to:

Please post example so I can investigate those.

Gennadiy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CPU-World.com forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: