Toshiba Satellite A45-S150 CPU s-spec?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CPU-World.com forums Forum Index -> Modern CPUs - upgrades, overclocking and troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimhabegger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Toshiba Satellite A45-S150 CPU s-spec? Reply with quote

I'm afraid to take this old thing apart again. Every time I do, I'm afraid it will be the last time. I'd like to know the temperature specs of the CPU in my Toshiba Satellite A45-S150. The frequency is 2.4 GHz, and I got the following information from a hardware monitor:

Processor ID: 0F29
External Clock: 133 MHz

Using that information, searching through the specs at CPU-World.com, I've narrowed it down to three s-specs: SL723. SL6PC and SL6Q8. I see that some of the SL723's for sale on eBay were pulled from a Toshiba A45-S150, and I don't see either of the other two pulled from it. Is that conclusive, or do I have to take my laptop apart again to be sure? Is there ever more than one s-spec used for the same model?
gshv

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SL723 is a mobile Pentium 4, and SL6PC and SL6Q8 are desktop processors, so it's unlikely that they were used in a laptop.

Gennadiy
jimhabegger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gshv wrote:
SL723 is a mobile Pentium 4, and SL6PC and SL6Q8 are desktop processors, so it's unlikely that they were used in a laptop.

Gennadiy

Thank you, Genna. That's conclusive enough for me.

Also, I found everything I needed to know at

http://ark.intel.com/products/27372/Mobile-Intel-Pentium-4-Processor-supporting-HT-Technology-2_40-GHz-512K-Cache-533-MHz-FSB
gshv

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incorrect data came from processorfinder.intel.com. That site is no more, but the page below has a text copied from processorfinder's SL723 S-spec page:

http://en.community.dell.com/what-do-i-buy/f/3510/p/17349972/17474317.aspx

ark.intel.com has the same maximum temperature value as in the Mobile Pentium 4 datasheet. I will correct the page later today.

Gennadiy
gshv

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maximum temperature was corrected on the SL723 and a few other S-spec pages for mobile Pentium 4s.

Gennadiy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CPU-World.com forums Forum Index -> Modern CPUs - upgrades, overclocking and troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum