IBM 3090 MCM
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CPU-World.com forums Forum Index -> For Sale (auctions and auction links for collectable items)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mavroxur

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robev wrote:
Marcin wrote:
Some of you remember topic from some years where was info about gold value in those chips for about 250USD now gold value is double of that.

I wish you had not said that Marcin as I am now wondering what it might have fetched on eBay Wink

I dunno, I felt like I was throwing a TON at it by offering $300, but I really wanted it. Smile
Cutabove

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$300 is a little high for a TCM/MCM without the gold top,but it is still not a bad price considering they are so rare nowadays,and this one is in very good condition.The gold value(even today) is not close to that.But it is still a nice collectable.
Vlasta

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was doing a search on the IBM 3090 on THIS forum and this is the only post that came up in the search. I just got a few wafers in a scrap lot that I bought on eBay - the container is marked....

"288 kbit/chip FET "NITETRAIN" used in 3090 expanded store" The container has a few 4" wafers in is three of which are labelled on the back as "288 kbit chip" I will post pics as soon as I get my camera charged up. I also got one taped and diced 5" wafer labelled "1 megabit/chip used in 3090 main store" and "FET".

There are also some 3" wafers with what looks like very early flip chip dies although I have yet to look closely at them - I can see the grid of solder balls even by eye.

Twitter me on @SteveVlasta
http://siliconwafersinc.com

Steve Vlasta
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CPU-World.com forums Forum Index -> For Sale (auctions and auction links for collectable items) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: