Ebay Bad Experience - Beware
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CPU-World.com forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robev

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Ebay Bad Experience - Beware Reply with quote

I recently sold some chips to an eBay Member id kglpass9 with the following delivery address:

ACI Express Inc.
17252 S Main St
KGL#10926
Gardena CA 90248-3101
United States

This guy took a week to pay and then took a PayPal case for non delivery without any reference to me beforehand and won it so I am out US$94.40 plus the cost of postage and the Chips, so not a happy camper.

The PayPal Payment was made by KG LOGITECH

I was therefore amazed when yesterday a Buyer with the eBay Member id kglpass5 bought a chip with the following delivery address:

ACI Express Inc.
14452 S Avalon Blvd
KGL#15763
Gardena CA 90248-2006
United States

There are slight differences in the address but I definitely will not be sending the Chip he bought as I believe this is a scam so I would advise members to beware of selling to this Buyer or Buyers

gshv

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try to appeal the case. If you do, point them to this thread on eBay website:

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/topic/Building-An-Ebay/Us-Sellers-Beware/5100028231

Gennadiy
magictom

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually (by chance) dealt with those kglpass? guys before and had no issues. Most of the problems in gshv's link seem to involve packages without tracking. Did you use tracking?

Overall, their service seems like AVICC + BidAssist , only CPUShack doesn't "break & lose" stuff for us ...
Vlasta

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should report the whole raft of kglpass id to ebay. They have rules about acting as trading assistants.... I checked and there are at least 5 kglpassx accounts. Screw them all.

Twitter me on @SteveVlasta
http://siliconwafersinc.com

Steve Vlasta
Marcin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Registered mail is good when lost but not enough to prove in eBay case. If you sell on ebay.com you have to give tracking number visible on usps tracking site. Otherwise you are screwed. In my opinion selling on eBay is good if you have prices with xxx% profit and you can cover unfair buyer from time to time.
Robev

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gshv wrote:
You can try to appeal the case. If you do, point them to this thread on eBay website:

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/topic/Building-An-Ebay/Us-Sellers-Beware/5100028231

Gennadiy

Thanks Genna,
This could be very useful information if I decide it is worth the effort to appeal.

However there is definitely useful information on all the eBay ID's these characters use that I will be adding to my bidder blacklist.

Others in the forum should fully read the above link if they wish to avoid a bad selling experience on eBay and may also wish to add those additional eBay ID's to their own blacklist.

Cheers

Robev

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magictom wrote:
I actually (by chance) dealt with those kglpass? guys before and had no issues. Most of the problems in gshv's link seem to involve packages without tracking. Did you use tracking?

Overall, their service seems like AVICC + BidAssist , only CPUShack doesn't "break & lose" stuff for us ...

No, I did not use tracking as that is a very expensive Shipping Cost from New Zealand for my Buyers and I only insist on Buyers paying for tracking on more expensive items.

This is the first time I have had a non delivery claim made against me and have shipped many hundreds of items all over the world without tracking.
If I insisted on tracking for lower cost items I doubt I would make very many sales.

Robev

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vlasta wrote:
You should report the whole raft of kglpass id to ebay. They have rules about acting as trading assistants.... I checked and there are at least 5 kglpassx accounts. Screw them all.

If you read the link fully you will see a lot more eBay ID's used by these characters.

Robev

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcin wrote:
Registered mail is good when lost but not enough to prove in eBay case. If you sell on ebay.com you have to give tracking number visible on usps tracking site. Otherwise you are screwed. In my opinion selling on eBay is good if you have prices with xxx% profit and you can cover unfair buyer from time to time.

Unfortunately NZ Post does not even offer a registered mail option for International parcels of any size. They only offer a registered option for International letters and even that is only to certain countries.

magictom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robev wrote:
magictom wrote:

No, I did not use tracking as that is a very expensive Shipping Cost from New Zealand for my Buyers and I only insist on Buyers paying for tracking on more expensive items.

This is the first time I have had a non delivery claim made against me and have shipped many hundreds of items all over the world without tracking.
If I insisted on tracking for lower cost items I doubt I would make very many sales.

I have the same problem, i.e. international shipping with tracking is prohibitively expensive for most items.

My point was that almost all complaints against these kglpass guys seem to involve packages without tracking. Maybe they collect full fare from their customers (and deliver), but then don't pay the ebay seller since "the package didn't arrive" .. so they have 100% profit!
Robev

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found their website: http://www.aciexpress.net/
All in Chinese..............no surprises there

HARDWARECOP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's Korean...
Vlasta

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDoS 'em - it's easy.........

Steve Vlasta
Robev

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting development has occurred.

As the buyer of the 2nd order kglpass5 had not paid for the $39.95 Chip he had bought, I sent him an eBay Invoice with a shipping cost of $150.00, hoping that he would decline to pay it.

As it would cost me about $50 to send it with signed for tracking, I added another $100, in the hope that if he did Pay then I will have recouped my loss from the the 1st package he made a PayPal Claim for the undelivered parcel.

No Payment after a few days so I opened a non-payment claim on eBay so that I could recoup my selling fees.

I have just received an e-mail from PayPal stating that he has paid the full $189.95 and another from eBay stating that the unpaid item case has been closed.

Now I am debating with myself if I should send it, obviously with signed for tracking, or if I should refund.

Looks like there could be more than one way to skin a cat Wink

Members thoughts would be appeciated Confused

Vlasta

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send it and keep the money.

Steve Vlasta
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CPU-World.com forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: